Thread: Latency glitch while playing Counter Strike 1.6 online

Latency glitch while playing Counter Strike 1.6 online

Hi, i have recently purchased a connection from the you broadband services but don’t know what could be the problem but whenever i play counter strike 1.6 on the steam it just make problem with the machine as my latency (ping) spikes when I shoot or I guess it spikes after every 2-3 seconds. And i have heard that generally the latency is 40 to 80 but it spikes to 150-250 sometimes 300. And let me mentioned it over here as i have installed Nvidia gfx card in the machine but still having problem with the game. Any suggestion for resolving this would be appreciated.

Re: Latency glitch while playing Counter Strike 1.6 online

see though you have very good configuration installed in your machine but still let me tell you as while playing on the steam the one thing that you must have to have is the very good internet speed or else we get the problem you have mentioned. Thus will you please let me know what is the speed of your internet connection? Because see you must have to have the connection speed at least of 1 Mbps or more than that in order to play the game flawlessly.

see as you have mentioned like you have installed the graphic card in the machine thus it might be possible that there could be some problem with the drivers that you must have installed in the machine for the same, thus make sure whether they are working perfectly or not, and if suppose you are not getting any performance variation then you can have option to get the it reinstalled again in the machine. and while doing this first uninstall the one that you have installed previously, after that download the latest one from the manufacturer’s official website and then only install that one instead the one you have gotten with the product.

you should make sure whether you have turned off Vsync or not, because once i was having problem because of that only.

see though you have very good configuration installed in your machine but still let me tell you as while playing on the steam the one thing that you must have to have is the very good internet speed or else we get the problem you have mentioned. Thus will you please let me know what is the speed of your internet connection? Because see you must have to have the connection speed at least of 1 Mbps or more than that in order to play the game flawlessly.
    I would say this is the worst thing i have ever seen, because i have connection worth of 1MBPS but still having problem with the game, don’t know is there any problem because of the hardware specification i have installed in the machine or is ther any problem from the ISP’s side? Thanks for the suggestion by the way.

i think it would be really good option as you should try to contact you ISP for the connection you have taken, and also make sure whether you are having such speed glitch with only the game or with almost surfing the internet as well?

Because see if there could be some problem with the internet as well then surely ISP will help you some way or else there is surely some problem with your machine only. See at last if you are not getting anything then you can have option to get the windows reinstalled once in the machine and see whether the result varies or not.