Thread: Need help for setting up a shopping cart

Need help for setting up a shopping cart

I am here to get the Advice on setting up a shopping cart. For the same reason I have also tried with the other forums also but no where I found the suggestion about this. Hope that someone here will suggest me about the proper Advice on setting up a shopping cart. Also can here someone suggest me about the shopping cart software or services for setting up an ecommerce store?? I am asking here this all things because I want to built the high level of customization, but low price. Please reply me back over here if someone is having the suggestion about this.

Re: Need help for setting up a shopping cart

For that reason, I will suggest you about the OSCommerce which is the free, open-source e-commerce engine written in PHP/MySQL. I have also tried with this. Hope that this also help you for setting up a shopping cart. And here I will say you that you will need here to implement OSCommerce as webserver running PHP/MySQL and this is very common, and also you will need to create the SSL certificate, and a method to conduct payment transactions. It meets your criteria in all aspects - inexpensive, highly customizable, in addition to being well supported and easy to maintain. Try with this all, hope that this help you to resolve the problem. I am sure that using this you will not get any problem related with the setting up a shopping cart and can also get your requirements easily. Reply me if you get any problem over here.

Hey dude, thanks for suggesting me about this. I was just looking only at the oscommerce when you replied me at the same time. And after checking at this, I can see that this is having the links to downloads and current releases. Thanks for suggesting me about that.

I can say over here that the real issue with this system is as this is a pay per month system that is a hosted solution, this is not a download & install solution. And I have seen that hosted solutions such as this have several inherent problems. And here I can say that this thing is needless to say and also here in this case I doubt that this is what most developers on this board are looking for. Except me, I can see that there are too many of the other users also who are rally not happy with this. Here for your cause I will say that if you are searching for Advice on setting up a shopping cart then for that I will also suggest you to not to go with the OSCommerce.

Here I will say that I hate oscommerce. I am telling this because I have looked at oscommerce for my company, but with this I wound up just writing an ecom package from scratch. And the thing with this which angry me is that it is abstracted out so deep it takes 20 pages deep to find the variable you need to change. And also for oscommerce I will say that this is not the cleanest thing I have seen.

When I searched o the Google, there I found that I hate oscommerce is the top result over there. And be frank that I have also typed this thing to the Google because I have also tried with this and was really very unhappy with this. And also thanks for telling me that I am not alone.

Sorry dude, I am not having any suggestion about the setting up a shopping cart, except the oscommerce. I have just suggested you this because it is an free, open-source e-commerce engine written in PHP/MySQL. I was also searchging for the same and for that some on have given me the suggestion about this. This worked fine for me. For you people I will say that first try with this and if your get any problem then only say something about the oscommerce.