Thread: Unable to run Opera 11.5 & 12 beta

Unable to run Opera 11.5 & 12 beta

I am not able to run this opera, so can you tell me if I am doing anything wrong. When trying to run any of the versions of this browsers I am not able to run at all, I am using mac os in my system so I want to know if that is the cause of this problem or something else? While running the browser all they do is bounce the icon in the dock once and then I can see nothing. So I want your expert advice on the same. waiting for the necessary help from you all.

Re: Unable to run Opera 11.5 & 12 beta

Quote Originally Posted by bIbEkS View Post
    I am not able to run this opera, so can you tell me if I am doing anything wrong. When trying to run any of the versions of this browsers I am not able to run at all, I am using mac os in my system so I want to know if that is the cause of this problem or something else? While running the browser all they do is bounce the icon in the dock once and then I can see nothing. So I want your expert advice on the same. waiting for the necessary help from you all.
    Might be some third party application is trying to interfere with the installation of the opera and hence I would say go and check for the applications that are interfering in the process and hence that’s what I want to say here. also check out for the cache files there and if possible do delete it that’s what you should be doing here, I hope that’s enough for you that’s it from my side for you.

Do a reset of the opera by deleting the following files and folders
    ~/Library/Opera/
    ~/Library/Application Support/Opera/
    ~/Library/Caches/Opera/
    ~/Library/Preferences/com.operasoftware.Opera.plist
    So do delete them accordingly and that’s what you should be doing over here, I hope that was clear for you that’s it from my side for you.

I would like you to test it by enabling system’s Guest account, go to the System Preferences in the users section change it to guest and then login as guest. Now try resetting the opera and if it does not reset then I am sure that there is some third party application running in your program, so do have a check about the same and you will be able to get the solution.

I did have a chat with them about the said issue and what they have said that they are looking at the said issue and soon will be coming up with the solutuion that’s what I am saying here that’s it from my side for you.