Thread: Opera 11 menu is not working when displaying "blank page" & dload.com/run dialog

Opera 11 menu is not working when displaying "blank page" & dload.com/run dialog

I have recently switched to opera 11 and the problem that I have started experiencing is that the - Opera 11 menu is not working when displaying "blank page" & dload.com/run dialog .I don’t have much idea about the this browser and I am not able to make out what is wrong with it. Is there anyone who has faced the same problem and has an idea about the same and can help me out as well? Any suggestion regarding this will be appreciated.

Re: Opera 11 menu is not working when displaying "blank page" & dload.com/run dialog

You can try out the following:

• Just Click on any one link and then select a file and start the download.
    • After that wait for the new tab to open.
    • And then when you get the blank tab with the download / run dialog is visible then open the Opera menu and then just try to check out with Help -> About Opera.

Just perform the above and see if it is making any difference and let me know what you find.

Re: Opera 11 menu is not working when displaying "blank page" & dload.com/run dialog

I did as you have specified above but then I don’t think that it is making any difference. I mean that I have found that the Opera menu appears like as it is working but then I dint think that it is reacting for the most of the options. I have a bit of idea about the process above I mean that as far as I know the about page should be opened in a new page and if it is not working then it should probably turn grayed as there is a modal dload dialog visible in the current tab but I unfortunately it is not doing so. Is there any other method that I can try to check it out?

Yes even I am facing the same and I think that this is some kind of serious bug because even I have found that most of the options in Opera menu are not working properly and they don’t even give any kind of error or indication for the same so could make out that what is the matter actually and I really did not expected it form this UI.I mean that when I click on the an element which perform the some action in some situation does not perform in other situation even if it is appearing to perform the same action and the other thing that I have found is that even the very common Ctrl+t for opening a new tab does not work when you want to look up for a filename in a new tab. I am really pissed off with this now and I don’t know what to do. Any further help will be appreciated.

Yes if it would have given any error than it would have been a bit easy to check what the actual cause of it is. Even I have tried to Google it out and find a solution for the same but then I have not yet found any solution for the same. I have also tried to go through some forum where this problem where mentioned but unfortunately even there was no answer for this problem. If anyone has a solution for this then please share it with us and further help regarding this will be appreciated.