Thread: Does Opera 12 alpha (1105) supports webgl and Hardware acceleration?

Does Opera 12 alpha (1105) supports webgl and Hardware acceleration?

The previous month’s Opera 12 snapshots have received two foremost updates of its JavaScript engine, Carakan, which make it an added memory proficient and completely ECMAScript 5.1 amenable. previous week the new HTML 5 parser Ragnarök was added. Now Opera 12 alpha brings in one more foremost technological landmark: complete hardware acceleration with WebGL. At presently hardware acceleration is in an alpha phase and simply employs an OpenGL backend. We would like to acquire your opinion regarding how fine it facilitates you. Opera 12 alpha works fine with current graphics cards and up to date drivers. In upcoming period snapshot we'll include greater support for DirectX and additional graphics cards. Be aware that testing Opera 12 alpha can activate bugs in your graphics card and in most horrible case blue screen your system.

Re: Does Opera 12 alpha (1105) supports webgl and Hardware acceleration?

Some bugs try to exist like the "Speed Dial Tab Bug" which does not work. On Win 7 x64, in addition the Radeon Mobility HD 3450 does not support. And it occurs with most of the recent drivers.

My problem still occurs and has a similar problem with persian (farsi) language, there is nobody who can solve these bugs and i am tired of reporting bugs. Primary for css letter-spacing bug particular for farsli languages i continuously reported DSK-327459, and this bug as I found is 4 or 5 years old. To remove any letter-spacing I also made an addition in page but this will not prove a solution.

I bugs were found by me in this release as
    1. The first thing is to Show images- that too cached images button trouble.
    2. The second is the inappropriate minimize & maximize button.

User JavaScript stopped functioning at the time of upgrading a portable Opera from 11.52 to 12 alpha (1105). Tried "User JavaScript File=profile\styles\userjs\" and release full path. Shouldn't this be automatically controlled/set currently as the Opera installer supports USB/portable installations? As well, it's getting annoying have to check over operaprefs.ini and modify paths to or manually after a clean setup.

The oddest difficulty I've approached is that in this release, my mouse is extremely slow but only in Opera! If I bring up a further window on top of Opera, or minimize Opera, the mouse speed/acceleration returns to regular. I fooled around with the Mouse Properties alternative in WinXP's control panel and lastly found a way out. It was done by unchecking "disable mouse acceleration in games". But recently I am completely annoyed that why my computer considers Opera 12a as a game? I have totally no idea about it. Also my Hardware acceleration is disabled; my video card is ancient.

After disabling hardware acceleration I haven't the blur effect found. But some ask for,what will be the solution if they prefer to have it enabled (the Hardware acceleration) and with no blur effect acting. So the solution to this could be try opening "Manage 3D settings" in the NVidia Control Panel, create a profile for Opera.exe and disable all filtering/AA associated settings. I suppose it should work. Personally, my view of supposing it is that the WebGL support will be enough for me, and there is no necessity for fancy UI rendering.

All's brilliant through 12.00, apart from a problem that appears to have crept in over the previous or final but single upgrade, i.e. when you open Speed Dial Opera 12.00 slows down incredibly & after that freezes approximately as if it's trying to open 30 odd additional tabs.Not sure if this is the problem alluded to by others, but then I have an older PC, so it is not sure that other users also might have came across.