Thread: Google Chrome does not play .wmv files from email attachments

Google Chrome does not play .wmv files from email attachments

I have been using the latest version of Google Chrome; actually it is a BETA Version. So for I haven’t seen any kind of issues with this browser and everything was working perfectly. Yesterday I have got an email in which there were few attachments. Among them there was a video file which is the format of WMV file. When I click on it, nothing would happen. It seems to me that the Chrome is not capable to play them from mails. Do you have any solutions?

Re: Google Chrome does not play .wmv files from email attachments

Some said "it was like in Internet Explorer?" is it still so when internet explorer? I can well imagine that this adjustment will not be made in chrome but with the windows media player itself for videos using the divx player you can open separate windows with minimal view as far as I know. This was not always so but was soon developed by the manufacturer of the players. So I think the problem lies with the player itself.

You must install the Windows Media Player support for Chrome. There you can play any video, streaming or what comes to mind. For ubuntu, I think totem is support, but not sure.

I have it and it works very well, you should check on tools click in the key that is below the tachezito, and check the options there may be some of that, or install flash, not tested as safe as doing so is need to install any plug, but it is rare

The WMV player shows me at the moment only on Google Chrome, not IE (which is probably just a missing plug-in). For me serious is the problem that is contrary to the setting of the wmv file will NOT be repeated indefinitely, but played only once. The Quicktime video is also available, however, is repeated endlessly.

What is the code for the wmv file wrong? What could I do better in wmv-representation?

An official how-to page at Microsoft for inclusion of up wmv in html I have not found now

I write from the browser / browser Google Chrome, look and listen to videos perfectly. I recommend you restart the computer for antivirus and firewall to accept the program. Do not be fooled, ALL programs on the Internet are BETA testing or otherwise as you explain that continually being updated.

Some compendia simple as XP Codec Pack will help the users to play most common files such as wmv, wma, divx and Indeo, but if you want to use DRM will also have to download the Microsoft Updates. Play For Real player wishing to find the solution by installing Real Alternative to play all the files in Windows of this type must be installed Real alternative view to see video files RM, RAM, and RMV RMBV Real Media may not otherwise view files downloaded from here fortunately all managed from Media Player Classic along with any other codec K-Lite Suite.

But something is still not quite with you. I get neither the display nor the OVP video. When I use the path to the WMV directly in the browser text box that comes after (very long wait) a video of max. 1 / 2 second or so.

I have followed the directives and added the plug-in, at rest does not play, opens the window/program as well as starts to load except the buffer stops at regarding 10 sec's and the program stays open except blacked away.

The most recommended is K-lite Codec Pack and K-lite pack MegaCodec containing all known formats and can be downloaded from 1: Pack Standard K-lite codec with the most complete and 2: K-lite Mega codec pack the larger version containing the most common and extended formats including other Lame MP3 encoder as and Indeo, I personally prefer the standard version where they choose the types of files that will be used and the codec to be installed as not all are installed default checks that are selected primarily Real Media, QuickTime and Indeo.

I have problems also playing media files from most emails,i have to SAVE THE FILE LOCALLY and then play it.. (I think the email server does not tell the player WHAT KIND OF FILE IT IS (No extention on the file) which might be why im not sure,ill have to try it from A DIFFERENT email server and see if the same thing occurs but im pretty sure thats it as when i DL exe attachments,i have to add .exe to the filename)

I also assume that the mail where these media files are saved doesnt knows which extension of the file it is and hence it wont be able to play it. Other than that if we are playing directly a media file onto a email server, then doesnt the server takes time to stream it completely so that it plays on a flow?