Thread: How to uninstall Kwik Media and Nero Backit up, Nero 10,

How to uninstall Kwik Media and Nero Backit up, Nero 10,

I was using Nero 10 Multimedia Suite V10 and in an update I came across the Kwik Media and the problem that I have started facing is that the The Kwik Media is not able to recognize any cd/dvd Burning software and it wants me to log onto the store and get a free download of it and now I just want to uninstall Kwik Media and Nero Backit up. Is there anyone who can help me out. Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: How to uninstall Kwik Media and Nero Backit up, Nero 10,

I was using Nero 10 Multimedia Suite V10 and in an update I came across the Kwik Media and the problem that I have started facing is that the The Kwik Media is not able to recognize any cd/dvd Burning software and it wants me to log onto the store and get a free download of it and now I just want to uninstall Kwik Media and Nero Backit up. Is there anyone who can help me out. Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.
    I think that directly thinking of uninstalling it will not be a good option I mean that you should try it out at least and if you want then you can use it Side By Side as well. This feature was not available before but then you can do it now but then if you still want to just uninstall it then just go in to the ADD/REMOVE facility by going to start and then going in to the control panel and then going in to ADD/REMOVE programs where you can simply select it and then click on the uninstall option. If you want to give it a try to side by side facility then I will first inform you not to use this facility other than the Nero 10. You can also use the General Cleantool in order to clear the earlier version of the Nero completely and you can get this tool easily on the nero website and after that you can get register for Nero or you can use the 'Side By Side' facility. Just try to perform the uninstallation first and if after that you have any further problem then let me know so I can try to help you out. Best of luck.

Even I need some help regarding the same actually I have been using Nero 10 Multimedia Suite 10 and now when I am trying to uninstall Kwik Medi then it is stopping the Nero from working so I just wanted to know that is it possible to just install Nero Burning Rom from the entire suite and Can I use my Nero 10 MMS license for the Burning Rom license.If yes than how can I do that and I will like to inform you that I have removed Nero 10 MM and I have installed Nero 9 lite but then it is just coming without Kwik Media. Any further help will be appreciated.

Even I need some help regarding the same actually I have been using Nero 10 Multimedia Suite 10 and now when I am trying to uninstall Kwik Medi then it is stopping the Nero from working so I just wanted to know that is it possible to just install Nero Burning Rom from the entire suite and Can I use my Nero 10 MMS license for the Burning Rom license.If yes than how can I do that and I will like to inform you that I have removed Nero 10 MM and I have installed Nero 9 lite but then it is just coming without Kwik Media. Any further help will be appreciated.
    Hey you problem seems to be very strange I mean that it should work without any problem and it should not stop the Nero as you have described above so before I suggest you something just answer-

Are you getting any error message when you are trying to uninstall Kwik Media?
    Which method you are trying to use to uninstall it?

And I will like to inform you that yes it is possible to just install Nero Burning Rom from the entire suite and in order to do that you just have to select "custom install" and the Burning ROM and just leave the rest of them. Hope that helps.

I will try to uninstall and then install the Nero 10 Multimedia Suite by just selecting the Burning Rom but I really don’t understand that why the Qwik Media is so slow and why is there a need to sign in and I personally don’t think that there was a need of controlling our photos and even though if they have designed it lie that then they should have made it compatible with all the Nero products. I mean that it really does not make any sense in signing in and then getting the free burning software no matter if you have some other better burning software.

Yes I agree to you and the other thing is that I really feel like removing it after the update with the Kwik Media in it. I mean in general the cataloging is just crap.I will like to share I had selected a directory and after that I don’t know that how I am having no of TS_Video entries in my library from my hard disk and now when I a trying to delete it then it is saying that it will delete all that file form the computer and now I really don’t know how to remove those files from the entry and not form the computer itself. The only option that I am having in my mind is that uninstalling it and then reinstalling but if there is any other option then please let me know.

Yes I agree to you and the other thing is that I really feel like removing it after the update with the Kwik Media in it. I mean in general the cataloging is just crap.I will like to share I had selected a directory and after that I don’t know that how I am having no of TS_Video entries in my library from my hard disk and now when I a trying to delete it then it is saying that it will delete all that file form the computer and now I really don’t know how to remove those files from the entry and not form the computer itself. The only option that I am having in my mind is that uninstalling it and then reinstalling but if there is any other option then please let me know.

I will like to inform you that whenever you add a directory or folder to the library then the media in that folder is automatically displayed when you select the video or photo option and if you want to remove it from the entry then just open the library and after that just click on the red cross mark that you will find next to the directory so just click on that and all the others that you don’t want to be displayed but if you are still able to see the thumbnails then just go in to the C:\Users\"user name"\AppData\Local\Nero and delete mediahub.1.db and your problem will be solved. Just try out and then let me know if you have any further problem.

Yes even I think that this Nero Kwik Media is crap because I was install nero burnlite 10 on my machine but then while I was registering for it I found out that I have to install an add on in order to burn a disc so I did the same and then when I tried to bring up the data burning screen I don’t know why the Nero Kwik Media kept crashing every time I tried. Later after getting irritated of it I uninstalled it and then got CDBurner XP and now I am happy that I don’t have to face those problems any more so if you want even you can do the same.

Yes I think that I will try out the same thing because even I have been irritated of it by now and even I am losing patience to deal with it anymore and even I will go for CDBurner XP I have many friends who have been using the same without any problems.I wish I had don’t that previously.