Thread: Keyboard shortcut to switch between browser windows in Ubuntu 11.10

Keyboard shortcut to switch between browser windows in Ubuntu 11.10

In earlier versions of Ubuntu, I could toggle between all windows using alt-tab multiple times to sequence through all the windows. But in the current version as I have mentioned in the title it seems that I can only toggle among two windows. To switch among more than two, I must exercise alt-tab, then wait until the open windows display, after that carry on to alt-tab through the open windows. And I am not getting as Is this a Ubuntu setting or a Chrome setting? Are there any additional keyboard shortcuts that will cycle through browser windows? Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: Keyboard shortcut to switch between browser windows in Ubuntu 11.10

I am not getting why you are using multiple browsing windows rather with the newer version of chrome browser you can have option to get tabbed browsing, through that within a same window you can have multiple tabs which will work same as the newer window were working in the older browser.

Thus are you talking about the same thing, assuming yes then it is tab and not the windows, thus if you wanted to switch between the windows you can make use of ctrl+(numeric keys). Here numeric keys are the number of tab, for example if you wanted to open 4rth tab among 5 then you need to pres ctrl+4 and that way only.

I am not sure about the newer version but still I personally believe that alt-tab always a nice one when it comes to cycle through the windows. But still I would say there isn’t any perfect keyboard shortcut known to me but with the help of keyboard and mouse you can do this. over here you need to press meta+w key combination that’s (Windows-w) to displays all the open windows in a workspace, and after that I usually click on the window i want.

I am agree with the above user as you should try to specify the problem quite precisely thus I am also not getting what you are actually seeking for, anyways I have mentioned some of the shortcuts regarding the window management you can make use of it.

• Super - W - mode dispersion - let somebody see thumbnails of all windows that are in all workplaces. Use the ← / → / ↑ / ↓ to choose the window you wish to bring to the front.

• Super - D - Minimize all windows. Reset to xanapatima the same combination.

• Alt - Tab - Switch between applications. Hold down Alt and press Tab to move to the next application.

• Alt - `~ Only Ubuntu 11.10 and higher - Switch between windows of an application. Pressing this combination while you focus the window of an application only switches between open windows of the same application.

Hey thanks for the suggestion that you have made and really it was helpful, actually I was not aware about the actual name, but it is application.