Thread: In opera, Mail panel corrupted.

In opera, Mail panel corrupted.

Today I get the problem while working with the opera, and that is something went badly wrong with my Mail panel. An the problem is that I can set the mail panel to show just the sections I want but when every time I started the Opera at that time I get that three unwanted sections re-appearing above All Messages. And also the second problem is that the Feeds panel doesn't show any feeds even thought the RSS posts are there in the mail store and also when I tried with right-click on the Feeds panel header and select "Read Feeds at that time also this not works. After watching this all problem I can say that this all are looking me like problem with index.ini in my mail store folder, but here I am not getting that what is needed to fix this problem exactly?? Can here anyone help me to resolve the problem?

Re: In opera, Mail panel corrupted.

I was also having this type of the problem and to get resolve this I have click the view button on the mail panel toolbar and after this I choose the reset mail panel to defaults option. After selecting this it sounds like index.ini got messed up. It also might happen that this could be something else too, but for you I will suggest you to try this first. And after trying reply here back about the results.

Dude, I have already tried with the reset mail panel to defaults, and this shows all the sub-panels. But there I still get the per-account sub-panels always re-appearing and same problem appear when I restarted the OPERA. What can I do now?? And thanks for your suggestion about the idea. And when I see this problem in my cause, form that day only I plan to see if I can work out what the index.ini should look like, and while trying with this I get one obvious difference is that the "category" numbers have changed. But still I am not getting what to do exactly with this.

Ok, for that reason I will tell you to make sure that you have check the permissions on the mail folder and all the files in it to make sure none of them are set to read-only for some reason. And also while trying with this all you will need to download the Opera installer and installer Opera over the top of itself or else try to upgrade the same version. and also I think that you will need to close down the opera and delete autosave.win in the sessions folder too. And also there you might want to switch to Opera Standard ctrl + F12 -> advanced -> toolbars to rule that out. And then you can close down Opera and rename operaprefs.ini to Opera creates a new one to see if that fixes anything. But while trying with this all you have to make sure that you are using the Opera Standard skin under shift + f12 -> skins. Hope that this will help you to resolve your problem, if this not helped then reply here back about the suggestion.

Ok, I tried with the suggestion and then I reinstalled the Opera and checked permissions. While checking that I found that all things are fine with me but still I am getting the same problem. And after this I tried with the copying an older copy of index.ini over the top of the corrupted one and then I find that it working fine again, but this only required sections of the Mail panel in view. Thanks for your suggestion.

For that reason, I think that you will need to close down the opera and delete autosave.win in the sessions folder too. And also there you might want to switch to Opera Standard ctrl + F12 -> advanced -> toolbars to rule that out.

Ok friends, now I get the way for getting resolve the Mail panel corrupted problem in the opera browser. I tried with this all and I get that now the Mail panel in opera I s now working very fine. Thanks to you all for giving me this such a great suggestion about this problem. Friend, I can not find any autosave.win file, nor any sessions folder , please tell me the proper way to check out this file. And also let me tell you that I only see a file called operaprefs_default.ini in the Opera directory.