Thread: Huge memory usage by Opera in OS X Lion

Huge memory usage by Opera in OS X Lion

I have experienced the Opera on a small number of platforms previously counting Windows, Linux as well as Mac. Each and every one of them shares the identical configuration, passwords. Mac version is the barely one that works similar to crap. After few hours of usage the browser becomes completely unusable in any way using more than 2GB memory. It eats all the memory. It doesn't actually matter how lots of tabs i have opened. I have noticed the same problem in earlier version of Mac OS but now there is nothing changed in Lion also.

Re: Huge memory usage by Opera in OS X Lion

With non-valid pages he has as its problems, But such serious problems I think another reason? I use the Opera already very long, but I myself have not had a beta version!

Possibly, Times a beta test, or something else?

I think that anything like the profile of the Opera, or suchlike was damaged!

For several days, the latest version of Opera very much in the use of memory and processing power. Since you spoiled as Opera users fairly with the utilization of memory and system , and according to the manufacturer no known memory leaks, has Sky gone in search for the cause - and after a little effort and found: It was because of a software firewall. Various tests showed that the problem occurs even with multiple independent software firewalls and definitely a bug that firewall solutions and is not Opera's fault.

There is really nothing else I even have the automatic page refresh rate is disabled. There are about 50 open tabs, but I think why it should not give so much CPU utilization. Safari has with so many tabs is not the problem.

Chrome and Internet Explorer are the clear winners in the management and use of memory with reduced load. However, those that requires more memory under high load. Firefox and Safari are similar in Windows 7 and Opera behaves worse than all the efficiency of memory. Firefox on OS X is losing big, while Opera and Safari are close and half of the group. Generally browsers on Windows 7 have a substantial advantage over their counterparts Mac OS X Lion in this discipline.

The most optimal solution, it may not be, at least, but you need to do without their favorite browser. Who wants to have any memory problems should be the guide to look at Google Chrome.