Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2011

Opera is waiting for something while loading pages

Upon loading of definite web sites similar to a few pages in tomshardware, the browser stops reacting to mouse commands similar to a wheel scroll. After that unpredictably, the collected commands are finished immediately. On additional sites Opera waits eternally for something to come about. Occasionally a page reload gets the page online, every so often not. Adobe Flash appears to work properly, since it shows the right version while I click at the check inside the Adobe website. I know that both system as well as Opera isn't frozen. It is just waiting for something? Does anyone realize this issue?
Old 05-11-2011

Re: Opera is waiting for something while loading pages

Do you use the automatic proxy configuration - at least in earlier versions of Opera had shown while this behavior? I then swapped the proxy configuration in the running Proxomitron anyway, so I've bypassed the problem and now do not know if the bug has now been cleared. Otherwise you should also pay attention to your version of Flash Player if it is up to date, possibly even the whole de-installation of Flash Player and try another version.
Old 05-11-2011

However, I solved the problem.

Opera has nothing to do! It was a configuration error in the proxy server.

Thanks anyway
Old 05-11-2011

The problem here lies not in Opera but Opera Turbo. If you would not use the site by Opera Turbo Opera but by its own rendering engine, you would achieve the desired behavior.

And

This is not a "problem" but part of the features of Opera Turbo. And to your second problem with the not over load the page. Here I go from a problem with Opera Turbo. But as workarounds I can offer you even have a right click on the tab in the tab bar and "duplicate tab" option. This function can be simplified with a key combination or mouse gesture.
Old 05-11-2011

That would fit your description but not quite, because there's still work quite the links in the headlines, but I guess that you have selected under View-> Page Appearance-> [x] contents. Turn it off again then.
Old 05-11-2011

Have not installed Opera unfortunately degree, but there should be similar settings in IE, where it determines when the site will be updated. In a pinch you could provide the space for temporary Internet files, turn off / on 0MB. Then, all data must be reloaded, since nothing is cached longer.
Old 05-11-2011

I think that the problem with multiple pages open instability is given by the Flash plug-in version 9 of Adobe. In this case it is down to version 7 or 6, with which you can still access most of the content created under that platform. Apparently rumored Opera and Adobe are working to avoid these instabilities exist between their products and meanwhile, the solution is to download the Flash v7 or v6 and install previously uninstalled the version that was using the flash plug-in uninstaller.
Old 05-11-2011

My friend had the same problem a few days ago, but I do not know if the causes are the same. In his case, following a crash of the machine, the file was corrupted opera6.ini.

We must remove this file to correct the problem. It is located in the C: \ Documents and Settings \ user \ Application Data \ Opera \ Opera \ profile

You will not lose "only" settings Opera (everything in the options). Normally you should keep your favorites. Opera will recreate a clean file automatically when you restart it.
Old 05-11-2011

I have not seen anything concrete in a couple of searches I've done, but there are many people giving you problems, the flash operates, but I get the feeling that is something both the flash and the opera for Linux, which are little more than to have.
Old 06-11-2011

I have the similar problem, still with 11.52. Processor usage is 100 percent whilst Opera is "waiting for something" for some seconds, after that usage drops to in front of zero since the page starts to load. Amusingly, I thought my issues merely began by an update from 11.51 toward 11.52, except deterioration to 11.51 has not cured the problem. Opera is, presently, not viable for me.

TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Tags: , , , , , ,