Thread: Why do the Opera show No disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive E

Why do the Opera show No disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive E

Recently I have install the Opera on my system, it get installed successfully without any of the error after the installation of the Opera I have seen it works fine for three to four days, but recently it is showing the error message with options of cancel, try again and continue. As I have click on continue it result repeat of the same screen. And if again I click on the continue option it get open. So what is that issue I can’t get it, why such thing happens? And according to my information there is no drive E: on this machine and Opera is installed in C. in spite of that also it shows the problems. So if you guys have any of the solution for this then please does the reply for this issue. Any of the reply will be appreciated.

Re: Why do the Opera show No disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive E

According to my information the installation for the Opera is not done completely or there may be the error while installing the Opera on the System, so you have to do that first you have to uninstall the Opera and after that you have to install it again in the System and this time make sure that the Opera should be completely install in the System. May the reinstalling the Opera browser will help you to overcome this kind of error and issue.

Re: Why do the Opera show No disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive E

This may be the error not for the browser may be this is the error for the Windows, so first you have to make the clarifications for the error so you have to make sure whether this error introduce or pop up during the Windows startup process before you even try to start Opera? And if so the error is at that time only then you have to check your startups/autoruns this is for anything you might have recently installed and mistakenly it looking for Drive E, so if that is the issue then you can take the help of the freeware software NirSoft's WhatInStartup and/or Sysinternals Autoruns.

As far as we concerned about this issue then it means the main reason behind this is that you saved a download onto a removable disk listed as drive E may be it is an USB key or similar device. So for that reason Opera is trying to get that file from that external Storage Device that you have used while installing the Opera into your system and now you have removed that removable Hard disk. And the opera is fail to find that downloaded file which is required for the Startup of the Opera so you have to make sure that the install file is to be there in the Hard drive that is currently connected to the System and not in the External Device. And if the Download file is not there in the hard disk then you have to reinstall the Opera Browser in the System.

Even I was also facing the3 same kind of the error while I try to open the opera for the use and the error pops up "There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive D”. so I have try several thing and also I have make lots of changes in the Browser setting but not get the solution for this issue and at last I have uninstalling/reinstalling Opera and I have seen that the error is not more so after the uninstalling/reinstalling Opera I can make the use of this Opera without any of the issue.

According to me this is the Windows update requirement for the System, which you have to update your Windows with the latest OS that supports the Opera Browser because the Opera not run properly if the OS is of older version. So you have to make the updating for the OS.

This kind of the error introduced if you are using the custom background from the external hard disk, and also if the name of the drives are same that means that if the naming conflict is there then there are the possibility to have this error. So for that if you didn't have any external drives to use then there was no error.

The first thing I want to make it clear that you have to do the reinstall for the Opera, so for that you have to go for that you have to go for the control Panel and then there you will get the Add and Remove Application option so you have to click on that after clicking on that option you will get the List of the Application and the Software there in your system, so among that list you have to select the Opera and after the selection you will get the remove option and you have to click on that to remove the Opera completely and after the uninstall of the Opera you have to reinstall that again so for the reinstall you just have to click on the setup file for the Opera. And if the reinstall doesn’t work for you then you have to try to deleting operaprefs.ini in your Opera Directory.

Rajni Guest

I have deleted the operaprefs.ini file that is there in the Opera Directory and after deleting that file I have seen that there is none of the issue arises for the drive switching.

If the issue is generated whenever you start the Opera, so there may be the possibility that you have used Opera on the WinXP laptop to save/download to Drive E or may you have designated a folder on Drive E as the laptop Opera downloads folder, so if you have done this thing then there you can get the expected location picked up by the Win7 desktop by means of Opera Link.

This type of the issue is due to the unrecognized Driver which is used for the source of the Opera files and still the Hard Disk is there the System is cable to recognized but may you have change the source drive anyhow the source may be the external storage device that have changes for other purpose and now you are trying to start the Opera and the System fail to find the source for the Opera download file.