Thread: What is Google Analytics ?

What is Google Analytics ?

hey friends,

I want to know what is Google Analytics ? Can somebody provide me the detailed information about the same...

thanks a lot

Re: What is Google Analytics ?

About Google Analytics

Google wants you to attract more of the traffic you are looking for, and help you turn more visitors into customers.

Google provides you to use Google Analytics to learn which online marketing initiatives are cost effective and see how visitors actually interact with your site. Make informed site design improvements, drive targeted traffic, and increase your conversions and profits.

Google Analytics offers a host of compelling features and benefits for everyone from senior executives and advertising and marketing professionals to site owners and content developers.

Some of the Google Analytic features from business point of view are -

Advanced Segmentation - Isolate and analyze subsets of your traffic. Select from predefined custom segments such as "Paid Traffic" and "Visits with Conversions" or create new custom segments with a flexible, easy-to-use segment builder. Apply segments to current or historical data and compare segment performance side by side in reports.

Motion Charts - Motion Charts add sophisticated multi-dimensional analysis to most Google Analytics reports. Select metrics for the x-axis, y-axis, bubble size, and bubble color and view how these metrics interact over time. Choose the metrics you want to compare and expose data relationships that would be difficult to see in traditional reports.

Custom Reports - Create, save, and edit custom reports that present the information you want to see organized in the way you want to see it. A drag and drop interface lets you select the metrics you want and define multiple levels of sub-reports. Once created, each custom report is available for as long as you want it.

Advantages of Google Analytics -

Fast Implementation
    Paste the Google Analytics tracking code into each of your website pages and tracking begins immediately.

Keyword and Campaign Comparison
    Track and compare all your ads, email newsletters, affiliate campaigns, referrals, paid links, and keywords on Google and other search engines.

Custom Dashboards
    No more digging through reports. Put all the information you need on a custom Dashboard that you can email to others.

AdWords Integration
    Buy keywords on Google AdWords and use Google Analytics to learn which keywords are most profitable to your business.

Internal Site Search
    Find out how your visitors search your site, what they look for, and where they end up.

Benchmarking
    Find out whether your site usage metrics underperform or outperform those of your industry vertical. Opt-in benchmarking compares your key metrics against aggregate performance metrics while preserving the confidentiality of your data.

Some more advantages

Trend and Date Slider
    Compare time periods and select date ranges without losing sight of long term trends.

Ecommerce Tracking
    Trace transactions to campaigns and keywords, get loyalty and latency metrics, and identify your revenue sources.

Funnel Visualization
    Find out which pages result in lost conversions and where your would-be customers go.

Site Overlay
    See traffic and conversion information for every link as you browse your site. (no download required).

Email reports
    Schedule or send ad-hoc personalized report emails that contain exactly the information you want to share.

GeoTargeting
    Find out where your visitors come from and identify your most lucrative geographic markets.

question Re: What is Google Analytics ?

I am a bit confused. In another thread the discussion is that this is a virus and it has hijacked the browser. I'm leaning toward that premise myself--as it redirects you to some ad-based webpage every click of the mouse. I am still looking for a remedy to this because it really is annoying.

Google Analytics is not a virus. But there are some similar malware which hijacks your browser and keeps you redirecting on ad pages. You will have to scan your system with malwarebytes. This tool scans your system and find appropriate malware infections for eliminating. Also check that there are no unecessary addons in your browser which are also some kind of malware and spyware.

Ok, here is the story which addressed on another thread.

I have a problem with malware-bytes. I uninstalled and re-installed it from a provided link. I still get same prob as before where it gives an error code "no address found." I can't update it. I ran full-scan with Essentials and it didn't find adware for this google-analytics issue. So if people tell me go with malware-bytes, I follow their advise.

I also looked for add-on's that I could adjust in browser. I saw one that said "third party." I'm not sure which I uncheck. Can you give me some direction on this adjustment?