Thread: Missing HTTP bug with Firefox 7

Missing HTTP bug with Firefox 7

I have installed the Firefox 7 recently on my computer. But there is some problem that I am facing with this. Actually Whenever I open any of the WebPages then I can see that the URL of the site is missing the HTTP from the address. Is this only me who is facing this issue or there are also other users who are having the same issue. If anyone of you has any suggestion or solution for this then please let me know that. I will be thankful to all the replies for this. Please reply as soon as possible.

Re: Missing HTTP bug with Firefox 7

I would like to tell you that the missing http form the URL is not the bug with the firefox. This is a feature with the firefox. If you click on that and copy and paste that to somewhere else then you will get the complete address of that site. If you dont like that then you will have to switch back to some older version of the firefox that is not having this feature. Other than this, I don’t think that there is any way to do that.

Hey, there is one thing that you can do in order to get it like the old way. For that, just type about:config within the Location (address) bar and then filter for browser.urlbar.trimURLs. Now right-click otherwise double-left-click and Toggle this to false. Once you are done with this then it will show you the http:// again on the URL bar.

I am not able to understand that why you want that in the address bar. It will not make any change to performance of the firefox or to the view of the pages. It is made for the convenience of the user and this is only you I found having problem with this.