Thread: Broken server certificate UI on Mozilla Firefox

Broken server certificate UI on Mozilla Firefox

I have installed Windows XP on the computer on which I have installed Mozilla Firefox 7.0.1. all the servers are marked and they are untrusted. Also I have found that the UI is also broken and it is not fully operational. The server certificate UI latches on any side of the trust. You will be able to mark a certificate as a trusted but you will not be able to mark any certificate untrusted.

Re: Broken server certificate UI on Mozilla Firefox

Looking at the situation I wanted to ask a question which will be helpful to figure out the root cause of the problem. Can you tell me whether you have close the ‘...View Certificates > Servers’ windows between the editing? According to me the changes should be saved once the windows is closed.

Looking at the situation I am suggesting following thing which you can try to fix the matter.
    • You should go for Tools and Options and go for Advanced and then go for Encryption and after that you should go for View Certificate and Servers.
    • Now you have to select Certificate.
    • You have to select Trust the authenticity of this certificate and click on Ok.
    • Now you have to select Edit trust. Now select Do not trust the authenticity of this certificate and click on ok.

Once you have done the same and see whether it is working or not.

Well I am sure that it is happening because of the bug issue. I am suggesting that you should contact the developer of the software and file a bug report to them. The developer will fix the bug from the code of the browser and they will release the patch which you should download and install the same.