Thread: Firefox 7 is very slow with vast memory usage

Firefox 7 is very slow with vast memory usage

My computer is running Windows XP in it and I have installed the Firefox 7.1 into it. But now I am thinking to change to google Chrome. I am making this decision as I found that the Firefox 7 is very slow to browse the internet. Other than this, it also consumes a lot of RAM memory. Many of the times, it consumes 1.5 GB which is not good. I normally open many tabs as well as windows of web browser while browsing the internet. Earlier to this, I was not having the problem like this. I will be really happy if someone of you can give me reason for this.

Re: Firefox 7 is very slow with vast memory usage

Scan the computer with the latest update of antivirus and then clean all the files which are infected with the virus. This is the only thing that I can suggest you with the hope that it will be helpful for you.

Rajni Guest

I am also using the same browser and open more than 100 tabs at a time and that is running smoothly for me without any issue. I think that there is some problem with the installed firefox in your computer. Other than this, I also think that there is the number of simultaneous connections which is making this difference to it but I am not very sure about this. This is just a guess. Please reply back if reinstalling does not help you.

I was also having the same problem with the firefox 7 and was not able to recover from that. So what I did is just uninstalled that from my computer and then installed the firefox 6. After that I found that all the problems get resolve. So I think that there is some problem with the Firefox 7 itself as Firefox 6 is running great without any problem on the same system. Before this I tried by cleaning the cache and reinstalling the firefox but nothing helps me. You can also try with the same and I am quite sure that this will help you. Good Luck!!!

To get out f the issue you can select the option which is there under the "Help" menu and this will reset FF devoid of your previous personal settings. It happened to me earlier and I had at least two such personal settings as of previous FF versions which worked well in anticipation of FF6: Checking for fresh pages every time in place of cache. I also have another suggested setting to stay away from getting "Page not available" screen.

It is also possible that there are some of the other programs running in the background which is causing high CPU used. So check for that and end all such running processes. See if this can make any difference to that.

Just check that if the problem is with all the browsers or is it only with the Firefox. If this is the same with all the browser then there is possibility that you are having slow internet connection.