Thread: Cannot save Google Search Settings with Firefox

Cannot save Google Search Settings with Firefox

I want to change my Google.com search settings but when I do the changes and save that then it does not stick with those settings. I have tried with all the possible things that I know to get that solved but it was not helpful to me. I will be really thankful to for any helpful suggestion. Please reply ASAP.

Re: Cannot save Google Search Settings with Firefox

You can try by clearing the cache and see if that helps you. Many users delete the cookies first in order to get the browsers issue resolved. But this is not true that it will solve the problem for you. So if you are also doing that then just don’t do that and just try by clearing the cache.

There are many kind of programs that might limit the capability of browsers to store cookies as well as remember the setting. If you utilize one of these programs, you may require checking how they grip cookies:
    • Firewalls, proxy servers and antivirus programs are often configured to delete cookies periodically.
    • The Internet filtering software, for example, programs designed to restrict access by minors to adult sites, could void your SafeSearch preferences.
    • Browser modes made for private browsing (similar to incognito mode of Google Chrome) and other ways to delete cookies when the browser can prevent cookies that store user settings. Try disabling these modes of navigation.

There are also some programs that makes your system to not to store cookies and if you have installed any of such program in your computer then you might get the issues like this. So if that is the case then just uninstall that from your computer and you will be out of issue after this.

You might find this funny but if you want then you can try by uninstalling the Google Toolbar from the browser. I am not joking, this can help you out with this. One of my friends was also having somewhat similar problem and he tried with all the thing but nothing helps him. Finally he did this just to check and it worked. So I am recommending you the same and hoe that this will solve the issue for you.

I would like to tell you that there are two steps in you wish to reset the search settings. I am going to tell you that and I hope that this nwill be helpful to you.
    • First: just go to the PREFERENCES and uncheck "instant search" for the old search and after that get out.
    • Second: Now go back to the PREFERENCES and then reset the old preferences.

Don’t try to do both at the same time and if you do that then it will not work.

If none of the above settings helps you to solve the problem then there might be some issue with the installation of the firefox, I mean with the installed files of the firefox. If you also think so then you can simply uninstall firefox from your computer and once you are done with that then install that again.

If your computer s having virus in that then also you might get the issues like this. So in order to get this resolved, you can scan your computer with the hep of some good antivirus clean all the files which are infected.