Thread: URLs corrupted into the Address bar of the Mozilla Firefox 7

URLs corrupted into the Address bar of the Mozilla Firefox 7

As the title of this particular thread is saying what I wanted to ask over here. I have installed Mozilla Firefox 7 on the computer of mine. I have found that Firefox URL into the address bar is corrupted due to undoing of the URL encoding. However when I supposed to copy and paste address bar from the URL than it supposed to be paste rather than that of the string which has been displayed on the address bar.
    Consider the below mentioned URL,
    http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Smart%20keywords

in the above mentioned URL %20 is replaced by the address bar. Let me know if you are having any idea why the above mentioned issue is happening. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: URLs corrupted into the Address bar of the Mozilla Firefox 7

After going through the problem of yours I wanted tell you that the ‘%20’ is space. I let you know that 20 is the hexadecimal code especially for the space character. If you wanted to disable the auto decoding of the url by simply adding network.IDN_show_punycode in to the about:config. If you are having any query then feel free to ask about the same over here.

Re: URLs corrupted into the Address bar of the Mozilla Firefox 7

Well I agree with the thing which you have stated over here. %20 is used to represent the character in the URL encoding. Now I wanted to explain why the above mentioned thing is happening. The space character is supposed to be unsafe and all the unsafe character should be encoded within the URL. I have also noticed that the above mentioned thing is available into Firefox 3.6.18 but it is not available into 2.0.0.20.
    If you are suspecting that the above mentioned issue is happening because of the bug issue then I recommend that you should file a bug report to the browser of the developer. The developer of the browser will work on the same and they will release the patch which you can download and install the same on the computer of yours.