Thread: Password storage bug in Mozilla Firefox

Password storage bug in Mozilla Firefox

I have noticed an interesting issue with this particular browser Mozilla Firefox on the computer of mine. When I am attempting to copy the password after I have entered the master password. As I am trying to click show password but the dialog box is prompted and it tells to reenter the Master Password. Once I have done the same I have tried to copy password and there will not be dialog box which is showing to ask the master password. Let me know if you have noticed the above mentioned issue with this particular browser. I am waiting for the prompt replies of yours. Thanks a lot in advance.

Rajni Guest

Re: Password storage bug in Mozilla Firefox

Can you tell me which version of the browser do you have installed on the computer of yours? What is the configuration of the computer in terms of the software as well as hardware? If you are supposed to copy the password to the different profile when the master password will not require any longer.

In this particular situation I wanted to tell you that there is another way to look see the password of yours. It is directly built into the password management. I wanted to that you have to see all the password if you are supposed to forget and you have to use the same with any other kind of the program which you have installed on the computer of yours.
    When you are supposed to logged on the computer and you are going to have the control access if you are wanted the security . If anyone is having acess to the computer when you are supposed to logged in that particular person will simply steal the password of yours.

You have entered the master password of yours and there for the password are available for the usage or for the copying when the Firefox session is open. It could be a bug if you are able to use or view the password without making use of the master password. You will be copy the password of without entering the master password but it will be encrypted and it cannot be used by any other person without using the master password.

If you are wondering that it is happening because of the bug issue then I recommend that you should contact the developer and file a bug report to them. The developer will fix the bug issue and they will release the patch which you can apply to fix the matter of yours.