Thread: Mozilla Firefox 7.0.1 is causing BSOD

Mozilla Firefox 7.0.1 is causing BSOD

recently I have downloaded and installed Firefox 7.0.1 on the computer of mine. When I supposed to download the file and I click on the button it seems to be start the download a popup screen. As I am looking to view the popup screen to close the computer of mine is seems to be crashing with BSOD. I don’t know why the above mentioned issue is happening? Any help to figure out the root cause will be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Mozilla Firefox 7.0.1 is causing BSOD

Looking at the matter which you have stated over here I wanted know which operating system do you have installed? Is there any changes on the computer? Do you have done any changes on the computer? Let me know about the log file as well as error code of the BSOD which you are getting on the computer of yours.

In this particular situation I recommend that you should simply boot the computer into safe mode. Once the computer is booted into safe mode you should see that whether any issue is happening. If the issue is seems to be resolved than I recommend that you should clean boot the computer of yours and find out the back ground process which is causing the issue. In order to boot the computer into safe mode you have to use following instruction.
    You should restart the system and press F8 from the keyboard.
    Now select Safe mode from the Advanced boot menu and press enter.

After going through the issue of yours I wanted to tell you that you should simply disable the hardware acceleration.

I think in this particular situation you will require to install the latest version of the graphic drivers on the computer of yours. Well you can get the same from the official website of the manufacture and get the latest version of the driver. You should download and install the same on the computer of yours and see whether it is working or not.

Do you have installed any antivirus program? If you are not having the same than I recommend that you should get the Malwarebytes from the official website. You should download and install the same on the computer of yours. You should install the same on the computer. Once you have completed with the installation you should update the antivirus program and run a virus scan. After completing with the virus scan you should restart the computer.

I would like to tell you that you should simply reinstall the browser. If it is not working than reinstall the operating system on the computer of yours.

Well I am highly suspecting that there will be bug issue with the browser itself. So you should contact the developer of the browser and file a bug report to them. The developer of the software will work on the same and they will release the patch which you can download and install the same on the computer.