Thread: Unable to find printers in Mozilla Firefox installed on Linux

Unable to find printers in Mozilla Firefox installed on Linux

Recently I have installed Linux box on the computer of mine. Well I am looking to print a web page from the Firefox. However I am not able to get printers in the printer list. It can be displayed in Linux but it is not displayed on the Firefox. Let me know if you are having any speculation on this particular matter. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Unable to find printers in Mozilla Firefox installed on Linux

Well looking at the problem of yours I wanted to ask following questions which will be helpful to figure out the root cause of the problem.
    What is the hardware as well as software configuration of the computer? Which printer do you using? Which version of the Firefox do you have installed? Let me know if you are having any other information to help you out.

In this particular situation I recommend that you should enter about:config on the location bar and simply press enter. You will get the list of preferences.
    • You have to look for the print.print_printer.
    • Now you should right click on the preferences and choose Reset.
    • One you have done the same you should restart the Firefox of yours and see whether it is working or not.

To fix the issue of yours I recommend that you should simply run the Firefox into safe mode. To run the Firefox into safe mode you have to use the following piece of the command.
    Code:
    /path/to/firefox/firefox -safe-mode
    Also create a new user profile for the browser and see whether it is useful. You should launch the browser on the system and run following command after executing cd (program directory) command.
    Code:
    ./firefox -profilemanager

I have done lots of research work on this particular matter and I have found that Firefox did not use the 64 bit library of libgtk+2.0 which supposed to be installed on the computer of yours. Once you have installed the libgtk+2.0_0-2.12.9-2mdv2008.1.i586.rpm on the computer I am sure that this particular browser will be able to recognize all the printers.

I would like to tell you that I was also suffering from the above mentioned issue. I have Googled a lot to get the exact solution but after putting lots of efforts I have managed to fix the matter of mine. I wanted to tell you that you should modify the /usr/bin/thunderbird and /usr/bin/firefox.
    You should put the below mentioned code.
    Code:
    GTK_PATH=/usr/lib32/gtk-2.0
    Make sure that you should copy and paste the above mentioned code and see whether it is working or not.

Rajni Guest

Well I wanted to tell you that you should reinstall the browser on the computer and see whether you see any difference in the situation. If there is no change in the situation than I recommend than I recommend that you should upgrade the Firefox.

I am highly suspecting that the above mentioned issue is happening because of the bug issue. What I wanted to tell you that you should contact the developer of the browser and file a bug report to them. The developer of the browser will work on the same and they will release the patch which you can fix the matter of yours.