Thread: Mozilla Firefox and Windows Media Player: Streaming radio not working

Mozilla Firefox and Windows Media Player: Streaming radio not working

Well I have installed Mozilla Firefox 7 on the computer of mine. After installing this particular browser I am not able to listen the internet radio station which has been used by the Windows Media Player. Local MP3 files are being played just great. I don’t from where should start the troubleshooting. Let me know if you are having any issue on this particular matte. I am waiting for the prompt replies of yours. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Mozilla Firefox and Windows Media Player: Streaming radio not working

Looking at the situation which you have mentioned over here I wanted to ask which operating system do you running? Do you have done any changes on the computer of yours? Is there any antivirus program or security software which you have installed on the computer of yours? Let me know if you are having any other information to figure out the root cause of the problem.

After going through the problem of yours I wanted to know whether you have listed Windows Media Player Plug-in Dynamic Link Library 3.0.2.629 in the plug in? to check out the same you have to launch the browser on the computer and click on Tool and go for Options and click on Applications.
    Also you have to take care of the thing that is JavaScript is not blocked on the browser of yours. I wanted to tell you that JavaScript file is used for the configuration of the player and display the players when it is used by the browser. So you should take care of the same and see whether it is useful to you or not.

I was also having the same problem which you have stated over here in this particular thread. Well I have simply deactivated the VLC plugin from the Firefox and it worked for me. why I am saying that Firefox 7 is trying to load the VLC multimedia plug in and windows media player plug in the Dynamic Link Library rather than that of the Windows media player Firefox plugin.

Well I am wondering that there is something related with the Flash player. What I wanted to tell you that you should visit the official website and download and install the latest version of Flash. Also tell me if you have installed any security software or Firewall on the computer? If so than I recommend that you should disable all those software on the computer of yours and see whether it is working or not. If the thing is starting to work normally than I recommend that you should configure the above mentioned security software so that the issue which you have mentioned over here cannot persist in the future. If you are having any doubt on this particular matter and I am hoping that it will be useful to get the requirement of yours.

If the above mentioned issue was not there in the previous version of the browser than I recommend that you downgrade the browser to fix the issue.

I am highly suspecting that there is a bug issue with the browser and hence I recommend that you should contact the developer team of the browser and file a bug report to them. The developer will work on the same and they will fix the issue and release the patch which you can apply to fix the matter.