Thread: Getting Address bar grayed in opera

Getting Address bar grayed in opera

I have recently started using opera and I was using Firefox and chrome previously but then the problem that I have started facing now is that I am getting the address bar as grayed I don’t know what’s the problem with it and it is really making me hard to read as when the domain itself get drained and I have to highlight it to make it visible but then I think that there is not a way to do it like this. Is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about the same? Any help regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: Getting Address bar grayed in opera

Even I was facing the same problem and then I tried to change the two preferences and after changing them I had saved it and then I rebooted it and then when I started the opera again then the I got in to more problems. I mean that now I am not able see the first part of the url itself as it is completely missing and the I have still have the previous problem. I don’t think that changing the preferences has worked for me. I think that there is some kind of security issue or some kind of rampant phishing, I don’t know what to do know because I have never faced this problem before so I don’t have much idea about it. Any further help will be appreciated.

Even I have the same kind of problem I have found that if we change the background color as #ffffff but then the default color is something else so if you will change it to #ffffff then you will get a contrast of 4:1 so if you want then you can try to change it out so I will not be hard to read it out but then if you are saying that you are not able to see the first part of the url then I think that there is some serious problem with the browser. I will suggest you to uninstall it and then reinstall I and then try and check if the problem still persist or it is making any difference. Just check it out and let me know if it is helping out.

I think that to know on which site you are is more important than to know the part of an URL I think that this might be because of security issue as well because I have found that they highlights the portion that they actually need to get attention but then even I feel that Overloading people with such information is a bad kind of security.

Yes even I think that this is a bad kind of security I mean that Hiding the address information from the users is really not a good choice and I think that it should not be at least in the today’s world and I really won’t say that it can make something secure .I really think that there should be a fix for it.