Thread: Skype 4.2 and HD "hack"

Skype 4.2 and HD "hack"

I am working with the fastest internet connection in us 30 Mbit Down by 10 Mbit up, my system is configured brand new custom i7 build. And video card is 4870x 2 ... Commonly, I can process 10 1080P video on the fly and play another video at the same time. Currently, from the Video options, it's displaying as that highly facilitated quality of my video is Medium,when all checks the internet and computer displaying maximum results. So , why medium and now max ? There is some other problem is that the HD hack in config file after version 166 of 4.1 I unable to make it reliable for an y task. Come on dev team you have to understand importance of HD. Please how can I make it feasible to run properly. Unless there is some pattern problems or legal or FCC ... I have no any idea about all this technique..

Thank you guys.

Re: Skype 4.2 and HD "hack"

Just as most things skype does, the document is incorrect . If you are running on windows platform then you can go for the location suggested in windows 7 is : C:\Users\***Your Username***\AppData\Roaming\Skype\***Your Username***\config.xml

NOT # C:\Users\***Your Username***\Roaming\AppData\Skype - On Windows Vista and 7

I am disgusted at the point of the latest one 4.2 features. bring back 3.6!

Correct, I have retrieved the shared.xml from the following location : C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Skype ... However there are no any type of webcam/fps configurations and the file is section of xml part hex code or something else.. Speaking of the previously released skype whatever happened to video conference calls. I am agree with the previous skype was fine..

Having HD in the 4.2 Beta .. From the shared xml file then you have to attach the video configurations within the <lib>.

For instance :

<lib>
    <Video>
    <Height>720</Height>
    <Width>1280</Width>
    </Video>

Which one web cam you are running with ? You will require one or two mbits upload bandwidth and a maximum end Dual Core Processor. You can check out the efficiency by calling my auto configured HD test website. Just associate bill-on-skype-video to your contacts list..

Hi everyone , I am also getting some related issue with the same but the workaround is little bit different. In some cases, my own video will begin within the widescreen section but when the call got connects in the last, this would be reverts back to standard (and I have noticed that the shared.xml deletes the listed presents there and I have moved ).

I am using a Logitech 9000 Webcam Pro (this can perform HD outside of skype) and working with Skype 4.2.0.169...

Nice. I would like the integration of Skype PBX. Skype Asterisk server could be a great thing.

Quote Originally Posted by moises12 View Post
    Nice. I would like the integration of Skype PBX. Skype Asterisk server could be a great thing.
    Look at VoSky Exchange at vosky.com. As for your PBX, if your running asterisk then use chanskype and if your not running asterisk then you could use a small junk machine to run asterisk and chanskype on and interface with your current pbx. You can also sign up for skype gateway that is launched by Stonevoice.

I have also started to search the most upgraded information that I could about this thing, and most seem to implement with the 4.2 beta. A redirect to another thread would be well (when I seem to fail searching for this on my own).

If it is related to the issue of the connection (that it could be) I wanted that Skype would not automatically configure my settings. If it is not going fine, I would rather get the stutter and adjust down or get a alter pop-up.

gigilatrottola Guest

Hi,

I just made a small software to use HD on Skype 5.