Thread: Firefox 7.0.1 freezes with Windows 7

Firefox 7.0.1 freezes with Windows 7

I am using firefox and this is my most preferred web browser all the times. Earlier I was using Windows XP and that was working without any problem. Recently I have installed the Windows 7 operating system on that and the firefox started showing problem with that. Actually, now whenever I try to browse the internet with the firefox then I found that the firefox get freezes or I can say hang. Once this happens then I can just end that process with the help of task manager and there is no option left for me other than this. This happens all the times I try to browse the internet. Please help me with this.

Re: Firefox 7.0.1 freezes with Windows 7

I don’t think that Windows 7 is the problem for this as I am also using the same but that is running very well for me. I think that Firefox that you are using on your computer is corrupted and this is the reason that it is getting hanged with this. So just uninstall the previously installed firefox from your computer and then install it oever again. This will create all the new files for the firefox and your problem can also be solved.

Before moving to reinstallation of the firefox, you can also try by clearing the cache memory and other than this, you can also close the firefox. I am saying this because there is possibility that it is not recognizing the new version of the firefox and so it is blocking that for some reason.

Have you added addons in the browser? If yes then you can try by updating the browser. This is not for sure that this will resolve the issue but it really worth to give it a try.

This could be because of some virus in your system. Do you have some antivirus installed in your computer? If not then install some antivirus and update that to the latest virus definition. Now scan your computer with that. If that detects some of the files as infected then just clean that file. You can also delete that file if it is not getting cleaned but that should not be the system file.

If after installing a new extension or a new theme, Firefox gone terribly wrong, you can start it in Safe Mode. In this mode, no extension or theme are loaded. This way, you can uninstall the extension or theme that is the problem.
    • To start Firefox in Safe Mode, click Start and click All Programs, then Mozilla Firefox Mozilla Firefox (Safe Mode).
    • If this shortcut is not there then click the Start button, then click Run.
    • Type the command firefox.exe-safe-mode then press Enter.
    • Within window which opens, click Continue within Safe Mode.
    • After this uninstall the theme otherwise extension which blocks Firefox.
    • Finally restart Firefox.

Rajni Guest

Is the problem only with the firefox or with all the other browsers? I have faced many of the similar problems with the firefox and frustrated by solving that. Finally I decided to switch the browser to something else and I selected the Opera for me. That is working great for me. I am using that from more than one month and that is running flawlessly. So if the problem is not getting solved then my recommendation to you is to change to the Opera or some other available browsers.

I think that there is some installation problem. Have you installed that as admin? If not then you must install that as admin. Right click on the setup and select run as. Now select admin. Provide the password for the admin and continue with the installation. I hope that this will solve the problem for you.

Its not the problem with the Windows 7. Its the problem with the Firefox that you are using. So reinstalling might help you.