Thread: with Firefox 3.6, Error message "An error occurred, please try again later"

with Firefox 3.6, Error message "An error occurred, please try again later"

Recently I face the error "An error occurred, please try again later" in the Firefox 3.6 and for that reason I came here to get some suggestion about this. And the problem is that I have Shockwave Flash Player plugins 10.0.45.2 installed, and for confirmation I gone to the Adobe site and there I found that it confirms that Flash Player has been successfully installed. And after this when I get back to the YouTube link I get a black screen with the message ""An error occurred, please try again later". For that reason, I have also tried with the re-installing the flash player but there also no luck for me. Any suggestion for this?

Rajni Guest

Re: with Firefox 3.6, Error message "An error occurred, please try again later"

For that reason I will suggest you check for the cookies and to get resolve this problem you will need to do the following settings:
    • Options -> Privacy -> Accept cookies from sites is ticked -> Youtube works perfectly.
    • Options -> Privacy -> Accept cookies from sites is unticked -> Youtube works perfectly

Try with this setting and hope that this will works for you. I am telling you for this all because, I was also having this same problem and for resolving this I have tried with the above setting. Try with this and also reply back about the result for this.

You are facing this error message because of the common causes which are given as:

• Flash not updated
    • Browser not updated
    • And finally browser not compatible.

Check for this all, I am sure that you will get resolve your problem after correcting this issues.

I will suggest you in this cause that if you are facing this type of the problem then at that time they ask for any kind of cookies, and if you just have to be in that website, you might think about to just allowing them for the current Session and then instantly erasing them at the end of the session if you have not already done that. Now here you will be thinking that what they want the cookies for and do they think to track and follow your every move there after if you keep them in your system. So for that I am suggesting you that better for you will be safe from them. And also make sure that if you are allowing the cookies which are not trusted then after the end of the session you will need to delete that cookies.

Let me inform you here that there are so many of the web sites which use cookies to store your user ID and also they uses the cookies for customized choices you have made about the site. And also I will tell you that not each of the cookies is there to track your every move or to be sold to malware distributors. And if you are deleting the all the cookies at that time be sure about the cookies to which you are deleting.

For expiring the cookies I am having the easy way, and that is to set them to expire when you close Firefox for that instant. And also if you want to keep some of the cookies then you can also change the setting temporarily for those respective cookies. And also if the Adobe site says Flash has been successfully installed, that means that Flash has been successfully installed. And if you are trying with that and it shows that error then I think that at that time you will need to check after some times.

I am also having the setting for resolving this problem and setting are as:

• Close Firefox
    • Start > Run > firefox.exe -p
    • Create Profile >Next >Finish > Start Firefox
    • Close Firefox
    • Go to C:\Documents and Settings\[Your User]\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles
    • Copy the file permissions.sqlite from the new profile folder to the original profile folder

• Start Firefox.

And after this I am sure that you will get resolve your problem.

If you are watching movies and at that time YouTube shows that error: "An error occurred, please try again later" then for that reason I will suggest you that simply reloading the page will fix it. Try with this and I am sure that this will help you to resolve your problem.

Me too also facing this problem and this occurs at the time when I make a video full screen it says "An error occurred, please try again later". And for resolving this I have also get suggestion that is to move the slider bar to unlimited under local storage. And this will be the third tab over with the picture of the folder on it. Try with this, and also reply me back if you face again this problem.

Hey friends, thanks for suggesting me about the above steps. I tried with this all steps and I get that now the error message is not coming for me. I can see that I have get resolve my problem. Thanks for suggesting me about this.