Thread: How to Change default browser mode from Internet Explorer 10 to IE9 on windows 8

How to Change default browser mode from Internet Explorer 10 to IE9 on windows 8

I install this windows 8 beta version on last week and now I want to use internet explorer 9 web browsers onto it. But the problem is that there is default internet explorer 10 version available onto it. I don’t want to use this version as a web browser. Hence please help me to change default browser mode. Any guidance will be helpful.

Re: How to Change default browser mode from Internet Explorer 10 to IE9 on windows 8

You can do this task in simple way and I hope that the beta version works well to do this task. the process is as on your Internet Explorer 10, go to Tools > F12 developer tools, click browser mode: Internet Explorer 10. Do this and check what happen onto it.

Re: How to Change default browser mode from Internet Explorer 10 to IE9 on windows 8

Some websites are not compatible with IE10 that way most of the web browser user wants to use Internet Explorer 9 onto their windows system. For doing this task you need to follow the below process:
    1. Go to Internet Options by hitting Start -> Control Panel -> Network -> Internet option.
    2. Then hit the Programs tab and select Make default button of the Internet Explorer option.
    3. Finally choose OK button, and exit Internet Explorer.
    4. This process work to fix your issue.

If you don't do this simple task on your windows 8 beta version laptop, you can download and install internet explorer 9 web browser from the Internet Explorer website. Then try this simple process on this system and hope that this time it works to fix such issue.

You realize this is pre-beta software that barely functions as intended. Hence we can’t surely say that the above mentioned process has been work on this beta version. Sometimes it quit possible that this process goes failure or it wouldn’t go in right direction. The reason is simple. This window 8 is an beta version means pre launched version of the windows 8. Manufacturer of this Windows 8 launch this OS due to checking some ongoing bugs of the system. They also like to cache kinds of reply come from the user. Hence there is no surety that this solution always works.

If this is the beta version and it wouldn’t work in some situation then what should I do that works well on this system. I need complete step by step solution that works well and doesn’t give any side effect on this beta version.

Quote Originally Posted by Haleema View Post
    If this is the beta version and it wouldn’t work in some situation then what should I do that works well on this system. I need complete step by step solution that works well and doesn’t give any side effect on this beta version.
    The best way is to be use the Internet Explorer 10 web browser on it. if it gives any problem to open specific site then you can try the same link on other web browser. Many browsers have also capable to do work on this beta version. They are opera, Mozilla Firefox and so on.

Also you can try to use these windows 8 as extra OS on your system. I mean you need to do dual boot task on your system. Multi-OS will be help to avoid any type of bug from this beta version OS. Hence you can use either windows 7 or windows vista with this OS. Both are comfortable with these windows 8 and I hope that there is not any major difference arrives onto your system. Try this and locate the result.

There is also alternative way that works to do this task. The process is to be as follows:
    • First you need to run Internet Explorer 10 Metro application on windows 8.
    • Select Win + I keys on keyboard.
    • Select "Default view for links" option.
    • Choose YES button on this window for Do you want links opening in desktop?

Hence follow this simple process and check that it will be affective or not. I hope that it fix your complicated problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Deverell View Post
    Also you can try to use these windows 8 as extra OS on your system. I mean you need to do dual boot task on your system. Multi-OS will be help to avoid any type of bug from this beta version OS. Hence you can use either windows 7 or windows vista with this OS. Both are comfortable with these windows 8 and I hope that there is not any major difference arrives onto your system. Try this and locate the result.
    You can set Internet Explorer 9 to be your default browser if you wish. There is surely possibility in this windows 8 system and also there is no need to do any dual boot type of work on this system. It will be avoid any future problem onto your system. The windows 8 also give the same type of set as default browser option onto this OS. You can set this option onto control panel. Hence use the Make default button on internet option window of control panel. It helps you a lot.

You can also take the help of the third party web sites to select the best way for doing this task. Also official sites give comfortable solution over this issue. Hence use this type of help and solve your problem.