Thread: how to install skype 5.5 in windows 7?

how to install skype 5.5 in windows 7?

Hi,
    I have latest computer with operating system Windows 7, I have Skype software and I install it. All seems to be very well, but later than the installation, later than clicking the "Skype" icon, there is a message window which describe the message like [Please wait while Windows configures Skype]... and that's it. After that nothing happens. I can check the installation folder also but it is also empty. There are any solution guys. Thanks,

Re: how to install skype 5.5 in windows 7?

If this is empty folder, then meaning of that Skype was not yet installed. Check your folder [C:\ProgramData”:] can you observe there a folder with the Skype name? If so, then open it. You should notice there one or extra subfolders with long names summarize in {}. Enlarge the folder with the newest date. You should discover there a Skype.msi file. Put Right click on this file and choose Install.

You can constantly attempt to download the newest beta [ 5.5] and see if this helps, but previous to doing this could you also make sure if you have a functioning Internet Explorer (attempt to open any webpage) and if you have a right installation of Flash Player (Adobe) .Go to several site with fixed video, e.g. www.YuoTube.com and attempt to play any video there.

Be certain that enabled your Mode which is [Compatibility] [click right switch on Skype icon->Skype launcher and choose Skype Properties -> Compatibility] and for users who used Windows 7 only. Please install the beta edition using the orders below: You can install the present beta release :-> Get Skype / Windows / choose the beta release, please do NOT eliminate what you previously have installed, basically, install over. These directions have worked for several and are the quickest thing to attempt to determine issues such as this.