Thread: System overload in Skype

System overload in Skype

I was a host of a three-way video call. And as a host I used to regret that we were not able to either see or hear one another at the same time. Each time we had to resort using our land line telephones, one at a time, to even know that we were each okay. The only way I could 'move anything' was to manually shut down my computer .So one thought comes from it that it must be 'the system' that was too busy and it happens because of that so - is that it?'

Re: System overload in Skype

Generally, we need to take care that all participants are using the latest version of Skype when doing group video or conference calls. A new version has just been released September 13th, 2011.So you need to download/install this version from Skype website. when prompted you need to click the open or run button. This new version is 5.5.0.117 .And to check what version you have; using the main Skype client window you need to go to Help -> About Skype

Re: System overload in Skype

You might be having the older version of Skype which is overloading your system. So you need to download the new version of Skype from Skype website and sent your message to the other two as you will be trying to reconnect .