Thread: not able to add contacts in skype

not able to add contacts in skype

I have recently installed the skype software and as I am new I tried to add contacts in the skype and whenever I tried to add contacts a simple blue window is displayed and nothing can be done .

Re: not able to add contacts in skype

As you don’t know how to add the contacts in the skype then just follow up few steps mentioned here :-
    For those who are using the windows 7 operating system just follow few steps:-
    Click the “start” button then goto ==> “Control panel” click on the internet options ==> Advanced Tab then click on the “reset button” then goto connection tab now make sure that the checkbox is checked properly non the Automatically detect settings and after that click on ok. Now try doing again to add contacts.

I am using the windows vista I want to know can I follow the same procedure for the windows vista also or is there other procedure for the windows vista also.

Rajni Guest

I tried with the above method in the skype and found out some error stating that “the installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package ” . now I don’t understand what the problem is how can I fix the issue , do anyone have idea about why there is this kind of the error and how to solve the issue.

I can provide you with some information but I amnot sure whether it may solve you problem
    The solution for a Windows Vista or Windows 7 32bit:
    Click Start ==> goto All Programs ==> Accessories
    Now click on “Command Promt” or you can even goto “start” click on the “Run” and type “CMD”
    Now type “cd %windir%\system32” and press enter
    Now again type “regsvr32.exe vbscript.dll” and press enter
    now a message will display : “DllRegisterServer in vbscript.dll succeeded.” Now click on “OK” button.

Rajni Guest

I tried with the same and found out the same error and now a new problem is created , I cannot even login the skype account . when I try to login the account and click ok a new folder is opened in my pc . this is the first time I have noticed such kind of problem.

Now try this thing hope this will fix your issue this time . first stop all the application and skype program for time being . now go to your Control Panel then goto Add/Remove Programs now uninstall the skype. now when you will try to remove it , it will ask to save your history say yes . now using your Windows File Explorer type %appdata%\skype , now if you see the file named called shared.xml just delete the file. If you also see the file name called Config.xml remove this also . goto Windows File Explorer then %programfiles% and now delete this also. After doing all this try reinstalling the skype in th normal version and see it all done or not

if you still persist the problem then I will suggest you to search on the internet and you will definitely find the solution or you can go to the skype website and find the FAQ questions or support from their website.