Thread: Difference between Skype Application and skype Account webPage

Difference between Skype Application and skype Account webPage

As I am new to the skype . I have made an account from the skype website and got some credit balance for making calls but I didn’t know to how to make calls from skype so I asked to one of my friends he told to use the skype application for making the calls. but I am bit confused from where to access my account So now I want to know what is the difference between the skype application and the account page.

Re: Difference between Skype Application and skype Account webPage

As per my knowledge there are two ways from where you can access your skype account one is the skype application means the skype software which you downloaded and the other one is the account you get access from the skype website . now in skype account website you can view your information and as well as edit your information . some of the things your account webpage consist of is credit of your balance , subscriptions and payments and activation of the product and more other features you will find out in the skype account . and the features in the skype application consist of such as add and search contacts , instant messages can be send and received , you can make calls through the application and can also make the video calls and many more other function are available in the skype application .

But still confused I have heard that, I handle the skype webpage settings through the skype application . I want to know is it true to do this because I don’t have much idea about this.

In Skype you can access account from both the ways 1> by going to skype website and other is from the skype application . but both the things have got their own benefits . when you access to skype webpage you will have features like the account balance , payments method , and other features from which you can handle your main account settings and from the skype application you can add the contacts , send and receive messages , make video calls , delete the contacts and also can block the users , and change the general settings .