Thread: Not getting ringtone when someone call on skype

Not getting ringtone when someone call on skype

in my computer I have installed Skype messenger which I have installed to do voice calls with my friends. now problem is whenever I normally get call on my Skype messenger at that I was able to hear the ringtone but suddenly it has stopped ringing. Now whenever I get call at that time it does not ring. Please tell me how to fix this issue?

Re: Not getting ringtone when someone call on skype

Well according to me there might be something wrong with the setting in your Skype messenger and that is why you are facing this problem. I will suggest you to first check whether all the setting is proper or not. if you find any wrong setting then correct it first and then restart the Skype messenger and then see whether it makes any difference or not.

it looks like your preferred ringing device is changed in the setting in your system and that is why this problem has occurred. First set the device to your preferred one again and then Skype will start working properly again.

Yes if the preferred device is changed from the preferences then this type of ringing issues occurs and to rectify this problem you have to change the device again and after changing the device your problem will get solved and you will not face the same problem again. if you don’t know about how to change the device in setting then you have to follow this procedure in the Skype.

First you have to open the Skype messenger in your computer and after opening the Skype messenger in your computer you have to click on the tools option and after clicking on the tools option you have to select the general setting. in general setting you will find the option for the audio setting and after selecting the audio setting you have to make sure that preferred device selected or not.

I hope after trying this solution your problem will get solved.

If you are facing the same problem after trying the above solution then I think you should also check whether all the system sound setting is proper or not. I am telling you this because some if the because of the incorrect system sound setting also this type of problem can take place.

when I have open the Skype setting in my computer and then select the audio setting at that time all the setting was proper there and I have also check the sound setting in my system but after that also I was getting the same problem . now after that I have also tried many tricks to fix this issue but none of the tricks worked for me.

Now please tell me how to solve this issue?

In my system I am also using Skype messenger and I was also having the same problem and after that I have searched the solution on the internet and after spending many hours on the internet I came to know that by rest the Skype settings to default this type of problem can get solved. after that I have also tried the same solution and after resetting the Skype setting to default my problem get solved.

you can also try this solution.

To set the Skype setting to defaults you have to do these steps.
    • Open the Skype.
    • Go to the tools.
    • Select the options.
    • Then select the general setting
    • Then you have to select the sound.
    • Select the Reset To Default option.

if the above solution does not help you to fix this issue then can also try to fix this issue by reinstalling the Skype messenger or updating the Skype messenger. first try to solve this issue by reinstalling the Skype messenger and if that idea does not work then update the Skype messenger and then your problem will get solved.

How about reinstalling the sound drivers in your system. many times drivers also causes this type of issue and that is why I would like to tell you that you have uninstall the sound drivers from your system and install it in your system again and after reinstalling that your problem will get solved.