Thread: Cannot open Skype and it says you are already sign in on this computer

Cannot open Skype and it says you are already sign in on this computer

Hi friends I have windows 7 operating system in my computer and I normally use Skype messenger. in my computer I have Skype 5.5.0.114 installed and all the things were working fine. Suddenly it has started giving me problems. now whenever I try to sing in the Skype chat at that time it says " Cant open Skype. You are already sign in on this computer. Please sign out and try again." now please tell me what should I do to solve this issue?

Re: Cannot open Skype and it says you are already sign in on this computer

Well according to me many times this type of problem occurs because of the temporary files also and that is why I will suggest you to first remove the temporary files from your computer and after deleting the temporary files you have to reboot the computer. Now after restarting the computer you have to try start the Skype messenger again and then try to sign in ther.

to delete the temporary files you have to first open the start menu in your computer and after that you have to open the run if you are using windows XP and if you are using windows Vista or Windows 7 then you have to open click on the search box in the start menu and then you have to type %temp% and then it will show you all the temporary files in your system. now delete those files.

try this solution and after that your problem might get solved.

If you have already tried to solve this problem then I will suggest you to first check whether you are able to sign in to the Skype account from the browser or not. go to the official site of the Skype and then you have to try to sign in to the Skype account from there and if you are able to sign in from there then there might be something wrong with the messenger in your system . if you get the same problem then there might be problem with your Skype Account.

Many times this type of issue can get solved by resetting the password and that is why I would like to tell you that rest the password of the Skype and after resetting the password you should try to sign in to the Skype and after that you have to check whether same problem is coming or not. I think after resetting the password your problem will get solved.

in your post you have mentioned that you are getting message that Skype is already running in your system and that is why I will tell you to first you have to stop all the background process of the Skype from your computer and after that launch the Skype again. now after launching the Skype again you have to put your username and password again and then you have to check whether you are able to sign in to the Skype or not.

If you don’t know about how to close the background process of the Skype then you have to first right click on the task bar in your computer and then you have to select the Task manager option and after that task bar will open. Now you to select the process tab and after selecting the process tab you have to check whether there is any process related to Skype is running or not. If you find any process related to the Skype then right click on that and after that you have to click on the end process.

Have you tried to sign in to the Skype by using different ID and password? if you have not tried then first try that and after that you have to check whether same problem is coming or not. if same problem is not coming then there might be problem with your user ID and password.

You have to click on the start menu and then you have to type the %appdata%\skype in start menu search box and then you have to press the enter button. Now after that you have to remove the files which starting with “temp-“ or ending with “-journal” and then you have to also delete the files with extension “.lock” and with size 0 KB . now after doing that you have to reboot the computer and after that see whether it makes any difference or not.

I was also experiencing the same issue and then I have tried the same solution and after rebooting the computer when I tried to use the Skype at that time all the things started working normally.

I have end all the process regarding the Skype browser in my system and then i have also delete the temporary files from my system and after deleting that also I was facing the same problem with the Skype. When I tried to login with other account at that time also I get the same problem. Now please tell me what should I do to solve this issue?

Any help will be appreciated.

It looks like problem is with the Skype messenger in your computer and I will suggest you that you have to reinstall the Skype messenger in your computer and after reinstalling that your problem will get solved.

you are using Skype 5.5.0.114 in your computer and that is why I would like to tell you that instead of the reinstalling the old version you should download the Skype 5.5.0.119from the internet and after downloading that you have to install the Skype in your computer and you have to remove the old version before installing the new version.

after installing the Skype you have to see what the situation is.

If you don’t know about from where to download the Skype 5.5.0.119 for your computer then you have to click on the below download button.

DOWNLOAD.

after that you have to click on the download Skype and then you have to sign in with your account then download the Skype and install it.

I have installed the Skype 5.5.0.119 in my system and after installing that in my computer when I tried to sign into the Skype at that time it worked fine. Thank you for helping me.