Thread: Unable to install Skype due to error code 2738

Unable to install Skype due to error code 2738

I want to install an Skype application on my windows vista system but at the time of completion this installation process every time, I got error code 2738. This error code message describes the toolbars could not be installed. I don’t know why this happen on my system. I use Internet Explorer for all the internet surfing activity. Then please share your own experience regarding this issue if you know about it. Thanks.

Re: Unable to install Skype due to error code 2738

I search a lot about this issue and error code of this installation is describe that the problem is related with the installation package. Hence I suggest to you for use proper installation package. This installation package is to be works to properly install skype on your system. Then it might be you can able to install skype properly on your system.

You can take the help of the official site for proper package installation task. the official site have provide the correct package that works to fix your problem. You need to use this official site downloading link and then download correct installation setup files of this application. Try this and locate the response on your system.

Quote Originally Posted by Chopfyt View Post
    You can take the help of the official site for proper package installation task. the official site have provide the correct package that works to fix your problem. You need to use this official site downloading link and then download correct installation setup files of this application. Try this and locate the response on your system.
    I try this solution but I am still not able to login to Skype. Please let me know the basic problem around this issue. I want to fix this problem immediately on my system.

You can use the clean installation process. Clean installation means use the installation disk of this application. The setup file on the skype application help to you for doing this installation using proper and system suitable setup files. You can buy this disk sing the nearest seller. For getting the address of the seller go to the official site. There is also online buying facility available onto it.

The new version of skype application is 5.6.0.110 version. You need to make sure that the version you use is also suitable to your system. In that case, you need to go to the help menu and click on about section. You got all the details about this software. It also describe downloading source link to do this task. Then use it and perform necessary task onto it.

Open Custom Views -> Administrative Events in windows vista. Look for the recent error messages. Then apply the process as per mentioned on the event viewer window. Try this and locate the result after doing this task.

Before doing any installation I think you need to apply the reset task on your windows vista system. For doing this process, you need to open Internet Options -> Advanced Tab Please click the "Reset" button. This will be do the reset task on your system. Then apply the installation process onto it. This reset task is necessary if the system files can’t allow to do this installation task. Reset setting menu help to properly set an setting and solve your installation problem.

You need to first uninstall this skype application failure setup files and then apply the installation process onto it, this is necessary when the installation goes failure. Uninstall process works to remove all the previous support files of the skype application onto the system. Then it helps to make an installation environment. This will be helpful to the installation. Hence this is necessary to uninstall and remove all the setup files of the skype application.

Rajni Guest

The same error code is generated on the windows vista system. Then I think you need to check the error code on your system. I think this will be the problem of the windows vista and not the skype application. If it is problem of the vista, apply appropriate process onto this vista system. Then try this skype application installation process.

If this is problem related to the windows vista system, then you need to re-enable the VBScript engine. This will be works to fix this vista system problem. for more information you can take the advice of the official site expert person. Apply the mentioned process onto your system and locate the result of it on your system.