Thread: Boxee box unable to find N Wireless Network

Boxee box unable to find N Wireless Network

I am having a few problems with my fresh Boxee Box as whenever I try to connect my box to my HDTV and when I try to connect to internet it just won’t find the N Wireless Network while configuring. I have checked as my router is also working fine, then what could be the problem? When I tried to search for the network it just keeps showing as “searching…” nothing more than that and after sometime it show no network found. Is there anyone having the same issue with their box?

Any suggestion for resolving this would be appreciated.

Re: Boxee box unable to find N Wireless Network

Yeah I was having the same problem with my BOX but when I came to know about the reason causing this problem was like the distance. Thus I would say you should try to make sure whether the Box you have is place near to the router, you should always put it near the router. In other words I would say keep box within some specified distance and then attempt to connect it with the internet.

Though this could be quite negligible reason but many people got the solution as this was the only problem.

Agree with the above user, and apart from distance there are quite few more things such as make sure there isn’t any barrier in between the Box and the router, or simply always try to minimize the obstacles rather obstructions between this two device

are you sure that you have configured correct settings in your BOX and as well as in the router. Because this are the main reasons that can cause such connection problem with the device. Thus try to configure the settings again to both the devices and then try to connect it again.

I was also having the same problem and after reconfiguring the settings all the things were working perfectly. Here if suppose you are not getting whether you are making correct settings or not then you can make use of the manual given to you with the BOX. They have explained each and every thing perfecty. And don’t forget to ensure that your BOX’s settings and the router settings matches to each other or else everything would be worthless.

I am not sure about this, whether you are having same problem or not but still I would say you should try changing from 5 ghz to 2.4 ghz on your router, that seems to fix this as I have done the same thing and it works for me.

there could be many problems and you should test each and everything on your box apart from the router as well, because the way you have mentioned is quite insufficient in order to figure out the actual problem.

Have you tried contacting your ISP for the same? If not then first of all do that and till you get some service from the ISP you should take care of the settings as mentioned above like make sure you have selected the similar standard either B/G/N.

Because sometimes it happens as the router only suppose Either B or G or N, and if we select completely opposite to that then off course the network is not going to be discovered whatever you do with that.

Do your router having any problem with connecting to other devices? If yes then surely there could be some problem because of that only and here you can have better option to reset or simply reinstall the routers firmware and then try to connect it again.

I have tried everything you have mentioned but still no luck as having the same problem again and again.

Any more suggestion left?

I would say not you should do something with your BOX, as have you ever tried factory resetting the BOX? If not then I would like to suggest you to do that first and then see what happens. Because here the only thing left to test is like whether there is some problem with the current firmware in the Box. Thus after resetting the firmware you’ll be able to connect it with the router you have.

But if suppose you are still pursuing the same problem then I think the only solution you can have is like either you have to contact the support center for the query or you can simply try to reinstall the whole firmware again in the BOX, I am not sure whether reinstalling on our own will void the warranty or not, but still if the BOX is in the warranty period than why to try on our own rather you should visit the service center and let their executive do this to you.