Thread: Close tab "X" is missing in Mac OS X Lion

Close tab "X" is missing in Mac OS X Lion

I am facing problem with the safari browser in my computer in which I have installed MAC OS X. now whenever I open the page in my safari browser to view PDF file at that time close button get disappeared. Now please tell me what should I do to solve this issue? is this problem with the Safari browser or problem is with the Lion?

Re: Close tab "X" is missing in Mac OS X Lion

Well first thing I will ask you is are you having this issue with Safari browser in your system or while opening any other window in your system also same problem is coming. if you are getting the same problem while opening any other window in your system then I think problem is with the Lion and if problem only comes with the Safari then there might be something wrong with the Safari browser in your system.

You have to first check whether you are getting the same problem while viewing any particular PDF or while opening the PDF from different source also same problem is coming. If this is happen with every PDF then there might be something to do with the Safari browser. You should try to solve this problem with by resetting all the setting of the safari browser and after resetting the safari browser you have to check whether your problem get solved or not. if you want to reset the Safari browser then you have to first open the Safari browser and after that you have to click on the Safari in safari menu then you have to select the reset option from the drop down list then click on the reset option and after clicking on the reset option you have to restart the Safari browser. Check whether your problem get solved or not.

I was also facing the problem and at that time I one solution was working out for me. What I was doing is switch my browser window in full screen mode and then I coming back to the normal window mode and then close button appear again. you should also try this solution.

I am having this issue with the Sfari browser only and I have reset the setting of the Safari browser in my system and after resetting the Safari browser in my system also I was facing the same problem. now after that I have also tried to solve this issue by switching the browser in the Full screen mode and switching back from full screen mode but that doesn’t make any difference for me.

What should I do to get rid of this issue?

As you have mentioned that you are getting this problem with the Safari browser only and that is why I would like to tell you that you should try to solve this problem by reinstalling the Safari browser in your system. first you have to Safari from the internet if you don’t have installer file for it and then you have to remove the Safari browser from your system which you have installed in your system and then you have to install the Safari again which you have downloaded and then check whether same problem is coming or not. As far as I know after that you will not get the same problem.

You can download the Safari browser from the official site of the apple easily.

I have reinstalled the Safari browser in my system and after reinstalling the Safari browser in my system all the problem get solved. Now close button does not disappear in my system. Thank you for helping me. I really appreciate your help.