Thread: How to remove Somoto Toolbar

How to remove Somoto Toolbar

My system is infected with a spyware. It is some Somoto Toolbar. I was installing a few free games and software. I failed to see that this tools also added a spyware in the pc. I had tried to disable the toolbar but it is not working. I am using Internet Explorer here. I cannot find a direct way of turning this thing off. While searching on web I found that this toolbar is some kind of virus infection and not easy to remove. What should I do to fix this problem.

There are tons of virus like this. It is not easy to get rid of them. You must try to use a good anti-malware here. And scan your system constantly with that. The malware will block it from spreading. For that use Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. This tool is the best one. For removing the toolbar I think re-installing the web browser is a better choice. Just download the latest version and install it.

Go in Control Panel > Add/Remove program and see whether you can find the toolbar. You can simply uninstall that. If you are not able to find it or if you are getting any error then you can try Revo Uninstaller. This is one of the best tool to remove unwanted programs. Later on you can run a good registry cleaner software that will also clean your system files and invalid registry keys. That will be enough to fix the problem you are facing.