Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Which is better newer router combat microwave interference or WRT54G?

Technology & Internet

Old 03-10-2011

Which is better newer router combat microwave interference or WRT54G?

I hold this old linksys router and its been robust for about 5 years. My just dissention is that when the microwave is on I drop all web connectivity from all laptops. It's a honestly little protestation but enrages me when folks are utilizing the microwave! I suppose a newfangled router could need to either have a stronger signal or preferable noise filtering, subsequent to the laptop's cards aren't set up to update.

Old 03-10-2011

Re: Which is better newer router combat microwave interference or WRT54G?

Try moving around the router. All the more a few inches can precipitate an improvement. Microwave stoves have leakage models that are in reality lower than a mobile phone yield farthest point so it shouldn't be bringing about a causing sum of obstruction. In the event that the microwave is more senior, check the entryway for respectable conclusion by putting a sheet of paper in the entryway and shutting it on the paper. The paper should have resistance to being pulled out.
Old 07-10-2011

It's not the router, its the microwave. Get it supplanted before ALL of your sustenance gives you headache.
Old 07-10-2011

Update channels, attempt 5 GHz, move the router, get a new microwave. This is virtually your alternatives.
Old 07-10-2011

I have perused that microwaves change the 2.4 Ghz more in the lower channels. So set your to utilize channel 11.
Old 07-10-2011

Enjoy others have expressed; this is a RF issue, so a brand new router could not help, unless it holds the discernment to locate the interference, and programmedly update the channels. That item is good to go on exorbitant endeavor review WAP's; not beyond any doubt if purchaser review backs it. Attempt 5 GHz; depending on if its not good to go, attempt unexpected diverts in 2.4.
Old 07-10-2011

New routers run 400-850mw-more senior wrt54g is like 80mw pumped up. 10x the power will positively battle microwaves. Besides with channel holding, you are able to work around it (decreased rate as a substitute for NO RATE).
Old 07-10-2011

You need to match the "newer" router frequencies to the microwave. 2.4 is one of the congested domains and hinging on what "version" of 802.11 you are utilizing it could rely on those frequencies. I agree with the others that prescribe moving things around and attempting to design for a unexpected channel. In addition you would like to attempt connecting to your router on unexpected circuits to see if that takes care of the sign.

TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Tags: , , , ,