Thread: Allowing particular users to have access- Xp Networking

Allowing particular users to have access- Xp Networking

Approve here is the scenario. We have a server running windows xp home. The server has offered folders which every last trace of the users have access to. There are just 5 representatives here. There is a sure organizer, that I just need 2 of the 5 guys to have access to. How could I go about doing that. I do know that in the event that I put the shared folders in a contrasting user name with a password but then it wouldn't be arranged the way I would like it to be all on the same user. In the event that you ability to unequivocally empower security to that exact organizer that could be supportive.

Re: Allowing particular users to have access- Xp Networking

XP Home positively isn't composed for this sort of security limitation. XP Home utilizes the Guest record to give access to its offered assets so by default the majority of people on the arrangement can access those assets. You'd require XP Pro or an exact server managing framework to confine access dependent upon user accounts/permissions.

There are methods you are able to "sort of" achieve what you need. Make the shared folders covered up by putting a bill mark ($) at the close of the offered name so that the shared folders don't appear in Network Places and the users can just consider it by manually sorting in the offered envelope name-and you just give the name to the folks who are permitted to gain entrance to it.

Empower the Guest record and set a password on it. Just give that secret key to the folks who are permitted to enter the shared folders. This is a " all or nothing " alternative in that anybody with the password can get to the sum total of the offered folders so you lack the power to make it so that some individuals can get to some folders and alternate guys get to alternate folders, but it can work if the 2 guys are the just ones that require to enter any of the offered assets.

You would be able to set the authorizations in safe mode or via the order line calls on the other hand this not unfailingly straight advance or usable. As stated above Windows XP Home unequivocally blocked propelled security as it is not a server OS.

Have you guys ever utilized windows home server 2011. I am considering upgrading our server to that. I am confident that will give us security control, but I actually would like to verify from someone who has utilized it before.