Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How to bridge wireless to wired network?

Technology & Internet

Old 03-10-2011

How to bridge wireless to wired network?

What I'm attempting to do is exceptionally straightforward and I would like to botch this by getting the wrong thing. I exist in a root cellar suite of a house and the proprietor spared me the time to utilize his wifi. I feel a distinct desire to have a wired network in the basement that ties into his upstairs wifi. How do I do this?

Old 03-10-2011

Re: How to bridge wireless to wired network?

Google for DD-WRT Wireless Repeater Bridge or wireless bridge, there are packs of gameplans to do this, but the DD-WRT exercises response your definite utilize case. Then actually get a upheld DD-WRT router and set it like a champ rightly. I will take a couple of hours to decipher the overhaul and setup the bridge, but you shouldn't require physical access to the alternate router.
Old 03-10-2011

One time I setup a WDS bridge amidst 2 different brand routers and would be unable to get any frame of wireless security to work (WPA or WPA2). I could investigate that. Not beyond any doubt provided that I unequivocally had it setup wrong? I might turn on MAC separating however, even though that isn't positively secure.
Old 03-10-2011

A bridge isn't really the "opposite" of a router, they are simply distinctive juncture advances but the symantics is not positively foremost. I unequivocally setup what you are searching for this final weekend. I utilized a WRT-310N and a WRT-320N with DD-WRT. I'm as a matter of fact utilizing diverse firmware discharges on the routers, but it worked fine. In inquiring about there is a positively great illumination on the wiki begin here. I actually setup Repeater Bridge, following I felt a distinct desire to have wired and wireless customers entering it. I've likewise setup WPA PSK AES security on the routers with the intention that works.
Old 03-10-2011

I found that its effortless to utilize an old laptop to fill in as a wireless extension. In place of selecting various network gadgets and making a bridge (which doesn't work), its finished by preparing "virtual world union offering" for the wireless connector. Keep this in personality following time express they are hurling out practically 5 year old crappy laptop. A crappy laptop can still compose a great extension. The wireless connectors in laptops consistently appear to work a cut above the PCI and USB wireless connectors that go in desktop PCs.
Old 03-10-2011

An additional gameplan to do that without the firewall that ICS forces-is to select both devices, and prefer "extension these devices"-Anything connected to one of the devices shows up just as on the alternate one.
Old 06-10-2011

I attempted that first and it didn't work for some explanation. While scanning for stuff on the most proficient method to do this, I found that the greater part of the guides were about individuals attempting to utilize a laptop to get wireless web to a Xbox 360 without purchasing the $100 Xbox wireless connector. Some state connected works and ICS doesn't, some state ICS works and spanned doesn't.

TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Tags: , , , , , ,