Thread: "Oops. Your chat connection may have been interrupted." error message while using chat

"Oops. Your chat connection may have been interrupted." error message while using chat

I have recently upgraded the internet explorer from 7 to 8 and after upgrading the internet explorer I am not able to use the Google chat. When I try to use the Google chat in my computer at that time I get “Oops. Your chat connection may have been interrupted." error. What should I do to solve this issue?

Re: "Oops. Your chat connection may have been interrupted." error message while using chat

as you have said that you are getting error while using Google chat and problem is coming while using internet explorer. I will first suggest you that have you tried to use Chat from any different browser like Opera or Mozilla Firefox? if you have not tried then open any other browser and then check whether you are getting the same problem or not. if you don’t get the same problem with the different browser then I think problem with the internet explorer and if the same problem is coming then I think firewall In your computer is causing this issue. If problem is coming while using another browser also then your firewall is blocking the chat connection and that is why you are getting the "Oops. Your chat connection may have been interrupted." error. To solve this problem you have to open the Firewall in your computer and after opening the Firewall you have to allow the chat from the firewall and then see whether your problem get solved or not.

Re: "Oops. Your chat connection may have been interrupted." error message while using chat

I have referred your problem and after referring that I will first suggest you to try to open the internet explorer and then you have to select the internet option from the tools menu and after selecting that you have to select the click on the advance tab and after that click no the reset option and after resetting the internet explorer it will require one restart to take the effect. now restart the internet explorer and then check whether it makes any difference or not.

I am agree with the above solution. there was same problem with my computer also and after that I have also tried to solve this problem by trying different tricks also I was getting the same problem with my Google chat in my computer. now after that I have reset the internet explorer Google chat has started working properly. you should also try this solution.

I have checked the Google chat with the other browser and it is working properly with the other browser only I am getting this problem. after that I have reset the internet explorer and after resetting the internet explotrer also I problem still remains.

as you have said that after trying different solution also you are getting the same problem then I think you have uninstall the internet explorer from your computer and after that you have to install the internet explorer again in your computer and after that check whether it makes any difference or not.

Disable all the add-ons in your internet explorer and after disabling add-ons from the intranet explorer you have to see whether you are able to chat or not in using Google. if you are able to chat after that then I think problem is with the add on in your internet explorer.

First you have to identify the exact add-on which is causing this issue and after that disable it and then you will not get this problem again.

you have mentioned in your post that I have to reinstall the internet explorer in my computer and aeftr reinstalling the internet explorer when I tried to use the Chat at that time it worked flawlessly. thank you so much for helping me and fixing this issue.