Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Wired computer internet speed is slower as compared to Wireless computer internet speed

Technology & Internet

Old 22-09-2011

Wired computer internet speed is slower as compared to Wireless computer internet speed

I possess the 20mbps strand optic connection. My region has newly been having situations with the broadband and Virgin has just altered the proposed situations. On the other hand I awhile back would get around 19mbps now that the situation is altered my workstation which is wired to the router gets about 0.4mbps downstream. Yet the 5 satellite computers all get 16mbps which is somewhat handy for them. Windows tells me that its a firewall issue and I at present lack the capacity to utilize a few systems, spotify and steam.

Old 22-09-2011

Re: Wired computer internet speed is slower as compared to Wireless computer internet speed

Affirm, actually attempt to press in the network link the considerable distance in the PC and the switch/router It may be that it is not pressed in the considerable distance.
Old 22-09-2011

Re: Wired computer internet speed is slower as compared to Wireless computer internet speed

To begin with of all you would be able to head off to device manager, right click on your network adapter and head off to lands, head over to the progressed tab, select the 'speed & duplex' property then after that modification the worth to 100Mbps full duplex, if that exacerbates it for some explanation then attempt 100Mbps part duplex, if that doesnít work then actually leave it on automatic. You might in addition attempt connecting your computer to a contrasting ethernet port on the router.
Old 23-09-2011

Attempt-New cable, new network card, both affordable as chips. Slipping up that get a late router off Virgin, you might as well have their unique super center assuming that you donít right now. The explanation the wifi gets 16mb is down to the cards speed. Since they all had 300 N sequences they could get full speed.

TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Tags: , , , ,