Thread: Cannot install Opera Mobile 11.1 in Symbian/S60 phone

Cannot install Opera Mobile 11.1 in Symbian/S60 phone

Currently I own a Sony Ericsson Satio which is running with S60 Symbian operating system. Yesterday I came to know about the Opera Mobile 11.1 released for Symbain with the new update. When I try to install it in my mobile it couldn’t. Whenever I try it is giving me “certificate has expired” error. Do you have any ideas?

Re: Cannot install Opera Mobile 11.1 in Symbian/S60 phone

I'm just looking to install certificates for opportunities in my phone (Symbian 5th, 5800). Some sites use root certificates that are not supplied by operators of home. Sipgate for example, probably needs comodo certificates. Like my personal certificates Comodo Root crt have the file extension and thus cannot do anything opera mobile. The root certificates of Cacert.org as I could. The download, the install process could opera mobile.

To do this, you have two methods for including 2 phones already have access to the Internet:
    • Use your current browser to go to the site to download Opera Mobile. Opera alone detect your phone. If your phone is not compatible with the latest version of Opera Mobile, it will automatically offer to download a generic version.
    • Download Opera Mobile on your computer here and then upload it to your mobile phone by the use of Bluetooth, Infrared otherwise USB cable.

Opera in the mobile phone would indeed find the root certificate store certificate, only then can match it. My problem is to install this root certificate, so Opera will always report the error, as long as it has no root Z.

Opera Mobile instills novelty with a double click to zoom impressive. After tapping twice quickly on the area to enlarge the browser zooms perfect, but especially reframes the text to be readable on the screen without having to operate the horizontal scroll bar. Moreover, this "browser" function integrates Ajax and the latest Internet standards specifications. Like Firefox, the software can open multiple sites using tabs and can also, with a click, to switch the display in portrait / landscape. Last, Opera uses a proxy technology that allows significantly accelerate the display of pages most viewed by users ..

The solution! With Vista for Nokia. Rather than consult with Opera with IE the page, double-click the root certificate. Windows asks whether to open or save -> OPEN. Now comes from IE or Windows Certificate Manager and asks whether the certificate should be installed. Certificate but not yet, but click on "details" and click "Save to file". Then you'll be asked which version of, 64bit p7b. For Nokia, I've tried the following:

64bit is not, but if I OF the Select Certificate on the desktop save (file extension CER) and then on my cell phone have (file manager or send it by mail), then use the phone with a double-open, start the Nokia certificate manager and asks me if I really want to install the cert!