Thread: mail icon on IE 8 Menu Bar is not working

mail icon on IE 8 Menu Bar is not working

Normally I use to access the mails by clicking on the email Icon on internet explorer menu bar and after that I have upgraded internet explorer from 7 to 8 and after that mail icon is not working. how to solve this issue?

Re: mail icon on IE 8 Menu Bar is not working

According to me you have to select the your email client as default email client in your computer and after that internet explorer email icon will start working normally. try this solution and after that let me know.

if you don’t know how to set the mail client as default in your computer then you have to follow this steps. First you have to go to the control panel and after that you have to select open the add and remove programs. Now after clicking on the add and remove programs you have to click on the set program access and defaults which you will find on the left side of the add and remove programs window. After opening the set program access and defaults option you have to click on the custom option. now after that you will find the option for the program to set as the defaults and there you have to click on the email programs option. After clicking on that you have to set the "Use my current e-mail program". now after that you have to click on the OK.

After clicking on the OK your email client will be set as a default and then you have to open the internet explorer and after opening the internet explorer you have to check whether email icon has start working or not. I think after doing hat your problem will get solved.

I am aware of this problem. this problem occurs because when you upgrade the internet explorer at that time it set the windows mail as default and after that you have to change set your email client as default again and after that you will not get any issue.

If you are facing the same problem after trying above solution also then I will suggest you to try to solve this problem by resetting the internet explorer and after that your problem will get solved.

According to me this problem has occurred because any of the extension installed in your internet explorer and that is why I would like to tell you that first disable all the extension from the internet explorer in your computer and after disabling the internet explorer you have to check whether you are getting the same problem or not. if you didn’t get any issue after disabling the internet explorer then extension any of the is the main problem. Otherwise problem is with your internet explorer only.

If you want to reset the internet explorer then you have to do following steps. (Resting the internet explorer will be restore all the default add-ons)

• First you have to open the internet explorer.
    • After that you have to click on the tools option which is located on the top left side of the window.
    • After clicking the tools option you have to click on the internet options.
    • Now internet options window will appear.
    • After that you have to click on the advance tab.
    • After clicking on the advance tab you will find the reset button on the bottom.
    • Now click on the reset button and then it will reset all the setting.

after resetting the internet explorer you have to restart the internet explorer and after resetting the internet explorer you have to check whether email icon is working properly or not. as far as I know you will not get any problem after resetting the internet explorer.

If after trying above solution also if you are having the same problem then please let me know.

as per your give replies i have first tried to solve this issue by changing the default programs but after that also I was getting the same problem. Now after that I have disabled all the extension from my computer and after that also I get the same problem. When I have reset the internet explorer from that time my problem get solved. Now whenever I play any online games at that time my browser crashes regularly. Please tell me how to get rid of this issue?

First you have to check whether this problem is coming with internet explorer only or you are having problem with other browser also. if you are facing this problem with other browser also then I think you need to reinstall flash player.

Yes similar thing happen with my browser also and after that first I thought that problem is with my browser and that is why I switched to other browser and after that also I was experiencing the same problem. now after that I have come to know that by reinstalling the flash player I can fix this issue and then I removed the flash player and after that I have installed flash player and after doing that my problem get solved.

I think you should also reinstall the flash player and after that check whether you are able to play the online game or not.

If reinstalling the flash player doesn’t make any difference then you have to try to solve this problem by downloading the updated flash player in your system and after that installing it in your system. You can download the installation file of the flash player from the official site of the adobe.

if that idea doesn’t work then you have to reinstall the internet explorer and after that your problem will get solved. I hope this information will be helpful for you.

Well after reinstalling the flash player also I was getting the same problem with online games and after that I have downloaded updated version of the flash player in my system and after installing the updated flash player my problem get solved. thank you for helping me.