Thread: Font rendering in firefox 6

Font rendering in firefox 6

I thought that these two would be active but one of them is not active. Below I have mentioned. gfx.font_rendering.cleartype_params.force_gdi_classic_for_families value Arial,Courier New,Segoe UI,Tahoma,Trebuchet MS,Verdana and gfx.font_rendering.cleartype_params.rendering_mode value -1. I can either set all fonts to be rendered with GDI Classic or no fonts. I am not able to select my specific fonts that I want to select. I don’t understand why this in not in the firefox 6. I have used aurora web browser and let me tell you that it worked well and caused me no problems. I don’t know what is wrong with the firefox. They should not do this. I am really annoyed by this. Any suggestions regarding this would be highly appreciated.

Re: Font rendering in firefox 6

I suspect that it is more of a Windows problem then a Firefox problem however it is said and I have also heard that this would be better or fixed in Firefox 7.0. I think we should wait for firefox 7. I agree that this is not right but we can’t help it except we can wait for the fix.

Firstly let me tell you that the Aurora code that you are talking about is now in the beta channel, with the yet-to-be-built Firefox 7.0bX builds. It was never in Firefox 6, as far as I knew. I am sure that this thing will get resolved after release of firefox 7. Just keep your fingers crossed and hope that it gets resolved and works fine.

I want to ask you is that Is this the problem that I am experiencing where Verdana is looking way bold? I had fixed it by setting gfx.font_rendering.cleartype_params.rendering_mode to 1, but I don't know what that setting even is for. I don’t know what the problem.I is having windows Vista and I have set the font rendering to Standard instead of Cleartype. I have done this because I have a CRT monitor. I hope you understand what I mean to say.

I would say that first you make sure that you have 32bit or 64bit hotfix installed in your system. Try to set the pref value to 2. You can also set to 3 because it looks good too. If you want to see the comparison then I would suggest you to see the comparsion between settings -1 to 5.

smile Re: Font rendering in firefox 6

I'm sure, it will get resolved after release of firefox 7.

I think you should not use this browser anymore. I have downloaded opera browser and it is very good. I would suggest you to see how opera works for you. As I suppose you won’t find any problems using it.