Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 14-09-2011

Disabling Firefox tab resize

In Firefox 4 I liked the style tab resizing but I don?t know why this is changed for the Firefox 5. I really don?t like this feature in the Google chrome as well as in Firefox 5 as well. I find it extremely distracting while a flicker of movement happens within my periphery vision. I would like instant resizing when the tab is closed, similar to the Firefox 4 behavior. I am also not able to get the about:config so that I can modify the behavior back and it is also not there in the Firefox settings. Somebody please help me.
Old 14-09-2011

re: Disabling Firefox tab resize

Have to tried with the setting pref. You will have to set the browser.tabs.animate to false and that will get you out of the problem.
Old 14-09-2011

I would like to tell you that you will have to restart Firefox in order to change the browser.tabs.animate and to make that effective. It will work disconnectedly. Many of the time you will find that the tabs resize anyway and other times they will behave normally. Firefox 5.0 is having the security fixes which will not be received by the 4.0.1 and that is the reason that the downgrading looks like an overreaction for me.
Old 14-09-2011

I would like to tell you that this is not just you is getting this irritating problem as there are many of the other users with the same problem and I am one of them and I am searchi9ng for some CSS code or some extension so that it can be changed back but till now there is no success.
Old 14-09-2011

Users who like to surf many sites open at the same time usually. Exploiting browsers that use the classic card you will certainly enormous confusion between these species and a large number of labels that will become very difficult to see them all. For this reason, sometimes you decide not to open so much as it would be inconvenient navigate, but the ideal would be to shrink the square of the board so as to compress more in the upper row dedicated precisely to these coupons.
Old 14-09-2011

If you use the browser Mozilla Firefox, a popular extension of this time will come to your rescue. We are talking about Stylish and you can download from their account, but if you are a freak as you'll probably also already installed. If not, you made the classic installation process and then go to the menu of add-ons and click on its options. This will open a screen where you press the button at the bottom right New Style.
Old 17-09-2011

Re: Disabling Firefox tab resize

you can set your style. In this case you may decide to shorten the length of the tabs that contain the title of the page you're browsing.

TechArena Community > Technology > Technology & Internet
Tags: , , , ,