Thread: Cannot scroll to other tab in Firefox 4 with PDF opened

Cannot scroll to other tab in Firefox 4 with PDF opened

My problem is that, if I open any tab with the PDF opened then it totally steal the touchpad scrolling focus. I .mean if I open any of the PDF tab then I am not able [to scroll to any of the other tabs. I am using the Firefox 4. This was not happening when I was using earlier version of this. Can somebody please help me to get this problem solved?

Re: Cannot scroll to other tab in Firefox 4 with PDF opened

Have you tried to start the Firefox 4 in the safe mode and see if that is showing you the same thing or not. So do that and let us know the result of that.

I think that there is some problem with the settings within the mouse driver. I cannot say exactly that this is the problem with the driver but there is no problem to try this once and see if that is working for you or not. Generally they are offering the multiple scrolling options. This is the only thing that I can tell you to try and hope that it will be helpful for you.

I had a similar problem. Firefox 4 had the beta and the scroll was extremely choppy. But somehow I managed to get this resolved and so I want to share that with you people. You need the previous version of FF completely removed. When you uninstall and uncheck the setting "remove personal settings." I don’t remember exactly as it was called but something like that. Best with Revo Uninstaller or from a similar program, the registry entries and file remnants of the FF.

Have you tried to make use of the CCleaner. I am saying this because I think that there might be some problem in your system. So just install and use the CCleaner. This is very good tool to resolve the problems like this. Many of the times it soles the issues like this.

You can make use of the portable Firefox browser and see if that shows you the same thing. Portable Firefox runs without installation from USB stick or other removable media and is therefore suitable for Web browsing on the go. He offers the same features as the regular version of Firefox. It is using a special launcher to run even the most Firefox extensions that you can customize the browser and expand to include additional functions. The most interesting add-ons is the special topic fodder which was for Firefox 3 before. For the Portable Firefox is the Mozilla browser has been compressed so it takes up less than 10MB of disk space. He needs to be installed on one computer, but runs directly from a USB stick. To install Portable Firefox, you simply put out only the zip file and copy the resulting directory on a USB stick. The browser is started on the program PortableFirefox.exe, not Firefox.exe. There must be no other Firefox browsers are already running.

My suggestion to you is to use some other web browser if that is not working for you in any case.