Thread: Firefox 5: CPU goes to 100% after each 5 mins

Firefox 5: CPU goes to 100% after each 5 mins

I have installed the Firefox 5 in my computer as I like to use the Firefox from when I started using the internet. But this time it is showing me some problem with it. Actually whenever I browse the internet then I found that the CPU uses goes to 100% after every 5 minutes and as a result of this other processes becomes slow. Can somebody please tell me that what is the problem with this and how it can be resolved? Thank you so much in advance for replying to this.

Re: Firefox 5: CPU goes to 100% after each 5 mins

There are a few things that you can try in this condition to get this problem resolved. So first make use of the CCleaner or use some other cleaner of your choice so that you will be able to delete all the cookies, temporary Internet files as well as all the things that show as obsolete. Other than this, you can also go to the normal mode and after that go to the normal mode and then enable the system restore. I hope that this will be helpful for you.

I am not very sure about this but you can try by uninstalling and reinstalling the firefox again in your computer as I have seen many of the cases like this where reinstalling helps and so I am recommending you the same.

There may be some other processes running in your computer which is consuming the CPU uses and this is not the Firefox. To see that, just open the task manager and from there click on the process tab. This will show you all the active processes in your computer. Just end the processes which are not required. After this, check if this is showing you the same thing. I don’t think that this time you will get that problem again if it is due to the other running process.

Other than this, you will also have to remove all the programs which are setup as start. I hope this will be helpful to you.

There might be some kind of update running in your computer which is raising the CPU uses. Do you have some antivirus installed in your computer? I am asking this because it might be the antivirus which is running in your computer and scanning the computer I background. So just disable that temporarily and then try to browse the internet. If the antivirus was the culprit for the problem then this time it will work without any problem.

Please check that if it is doing the same with the other browsers as well.

CPU uses does not matter if this is not affecting the performance of the system. CPU uses keeps on changing according to use and if you found that other processes are getting affected because of this then this could be problematic and you will have to do something to get it resolved.

This can be due to some virus in your computer. So my suggestion to you is to scan the computer with some antivirus and see if you are getting some corrupted files or not. But before starting the scan, you should make sure that the database of the antivirus that you are using is up to date. If that is outdated then there are chances that some of the threads in the system may not be detected and for that reason the issue may persist.

If you are getting problem with the Firefox 5 and it is not getting resolved with any of the solutions given above then there is only one way I can tell you and that is to switch to some earlier version of it or switch to some other browser.