Thread: How to customize Firefox startup page

How to customize Firefox startup page

As all of us know that yahoo is having the default search engine for the new start page which is good I think but I want to change that in some way. Actually I want to ask that if this is possible that I can alter the behavior of the preferred search engine like DuckDuckGo. I want this because the restore session is quite easy in fact. If you have any suggestion regarding this then please post that over here.

Re: How to customize Firefox startup page

I would like to tell you that the yahoo is not the default search engine for the new start page. There is no connection of the firefox with the yahoo. You can also set the google as the default search engine. Are you halving the google toolbar installed?

If you want to change the default search engine of the Firefox browser then you will have to change the rowser.search.defaultenginename as well as browser.search.selectedEngine to the similar search engine as it is in the about:config. I have changed the homepage search to Bing without any problem and I am sure that you will also be able to do that.

I put browser.search.defaultenginename as well as browser.search.selectedEngine as Google but after this also I am still having search results as of yahoo while using the about:home startup page. I attempted by searching for yahoo within about:config but could not find something which is related with the default search. I think that it has something to carry out through McAfee siteadvisor and their protected search (although I have disabled secure search).

Default search has completely nothing to accomplish through the start page that must be about:home. Default search is default search engine within searchbar. While you see Yahoo while you startup what is address that you get? For Firefox 4.0 you must see "about:home" because that is the default start page for the time. If you don’t get that then you can go to the Tools > Options > General > Startup and choose "Restore Default". By this way, you will be able to set that according to your need. I hope that this will be helpful to you.

If you want then you can change the homepage to the http://www.google.com/firefox?client...en-US:official and as you do that then this will open the old Google homepage which was used by the earlier version of the Firefox. On this, you will be misplaced the Session Restore button.

It’s very simple to do that, so for that just click on the Yahoo icon which is there in the search bar and when click on that then you will get some search options along with the google. If you are not having google in the list then click on the last option as “manage search engine…”. From there you will be able to add the google as the default search engine. This is the only thing that you can do in order to get this done. Please reply back if this does not helps you.

I am agree with the above posted method that is using the option “manage search engine…” and that will do the work for you. If that is not working for you then there might be some problem with the browser that you are using and to get that resolved, you can try by uninstalling and reinstalling the browser again. Other than this, you can also try by scanning the computer by some antivirus and see if there is some virus in your computer. Clean that and restart the browser. So try with these and let us know that if it helps you or not.

If none of the above solutions helps you then you can either switch do some older version of the Firefox or make use of some other browser.