Thread: Middle click button not working in firefox 6

Middle click button not working in firefox 6

I have a computer at home and I have windows 7 (64-bit) operating system installed on it. I use firefox 6 web browser for surfing internet. I have been using firefox since long now. I have am having problem with the firefox since few days now. My middle click button is not working. It shows as hive I can click but I am not able to click. I have not installed any extensions or something like that. I don’t know what is happening. I have another computer at home with windows 7 (32-bit) installed on it. I connected that pc with this pc via input director. I can use middle click button with no problems at all. So by now I know that there is no problem with the mouse. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Kindly help.

Re: Middle click button not working in firefox 6

I would suggest that just try to restart your pc once. Many a times this problem gets resolved by just restarting the pc. You can also restart the firefox once when this problem appears. If all this doesn’t work then I think you need to reinstall the firefox 6 once. Just uninstall the firefox 6 and install it back. I hope this will work. If it doesn’t work then kindly let me know so that I can provide with some other solutions. Thank you

Have you tried ctrl+click method? If no then kindly try once. Also please mention that does this happen when you use internet explorer or opera browsers?

Well I have gone through your query and I assume that it is a compatibility bug between greasemonkey and tab mix plus. Many people have both installed in their computer. To fix this issue of yours I think you should download the latest build of greasemonkey, 0.9.11. For downloading I think you should search on the google website regarding this. Download it for free and get it installed. I hope this will fix the problem of middle button. I had faced the same issue once, so I did this as told by someone and my problem got resolved.

I would suggest you to check your mouse. Try to install the mouse drivers once and see that the problem gets resolved or not. I hope it must get resolved. Many a times it some drivers issue which creates problems. Also try to clean the mouse. See that there are no dust deposited inside the mouse.